THIRTY TWO

Emma Pov.

I held the bedroom door wide open as Ethan carried Grayson bridal style into the room, his head lolled onto Ethan's shoulder with his arms wrapped around his neck loosely. My heart warmed at the sight of them, the way Ethan would look down at his little brother with eyes full of great concern & brotherly love. Ethan did not handle this whole situation well at all, especially at the hospital approximately an hour ago. The past few hours consisted of; Ethan & James fighting, Ethan having at least three breakdowns at different times, me making Ethan & James apologize to each other, James having to go home, Ethan refusing to sleep even as we had been at the hospital way longer than expected...from around two in the afternoon until around midnight. Ethan hadn't taken it very well when he found out that Grayson had broken two ribs & his left wrist, he started to freak out & yell at the nurses to help his twin brother. Grayson was still recovering from immediate surgery but the doctor said we could take him home, he just has to take it easy & he has a whole set of instructions for taking care of his broken ribs for the next few weeks.

Ethan slowly & carefully laid Grayson's sleeping form down onto his bed, causing a small unconscious wince to escape Grayson as his sore upper body hit the mattress. Ethan pulled a soft looking white blanket over his twin & stared down at him for a moment, looking like he was trying to absorb the way the younger looked. He was clearly worried about him. "Ethan, come on, he'll be fine. He's just resting." I whispered & Ethan sighed quietly, turning to walk past me out of the door as I slowly clicked it shut as silently as possible. My eyes moved up to meet Ethan's tired ones, which only held my gaze for a small moment before they darted around the hallway anxiously. "Should we get his medications ready for when he wakes up? Or leave the door open so that we can hear if he wakes up? What if he's in pain right now and not actually sleeping? Or if we aren't around at the moment when he needs us—" Ethan started to ramble & I grabbed his arm gently, cutting him off. "Ethan. Gray's gonna be fine. You on the other hand, need some food in you & some sleep." I pointed out, cringing at how much of a mom I sounded like. Ethan's eyes that were hazy with exhaustion looked back down at me with an accusing expression. "I am not tired. I'm fine. I think I heard something. We should go check on Gray, what if he woke up?" He questioned, ignoring my statement & I sighed, dragging my hand down his wrist until it reached his hand & I was able to intertwine our fingers together. I think that motion was up in my top ten things that I loved to do with him, considering that our hands fit together perfectly, even with the large size contrast.

"Ethan, come on. You do need sleep, so stop denying it. You didn't sleep or eat at all while we were at the hospital and you had a few very draining breakdowns, so come on." I teased, tugging on Ethan's resistant hand as I began to walk down the hallway. He groaned & stumbled along with me, mumbling complaints under his breath. "Just take a nap if you're really gonna be that stubborn. Once you wake up, I'll have an extremely late meal made, considering that it's almost one o' clock at night right now." I mentioned & turned around, seeing his reluctant nod as he blinked tiredly. He wanted sleep & wouldn't admit it. I could tell. I let out a soft laugh to myself as I turned back around & continued heading towards his darker themed room. Grayson had a more white themed room, with light curtains & bright Japanese Art designs. While Ethan's was more dark grey themed, with a dark bedspread, black desk & was complete with an all black drum set in the corner of his room.

"Actually get some sleep Ethan or I will not hesitate to put a 'ZzzQuil' into a drink and pour it down your throat." I explained & Ethan dragged his eyes to meet mine, cocking a dark eyebrow. He huffed & face planted down onto his bed, disconnecting our hands, only shifting onto his side a little bit to get more comfortable. I snorted at his childish actions & pulled the dark-knit blanket over his body, moving it up to cover his shoulders at most. I leaned down & brushed a few strands of hair away from his forehead, pressing a small kiss to the smooth skin there. "Goodnight E." I whispered, seeing that his eyes were already closed peacefully. I smiled softly & moved away, walking to the door & closing it only to leave a small crack open just in case he needed anything. I worried about him; he's been having a lot of bad dreams lately that he says don't affect him but deep down I know they do. He never tells me what they're about though, so I respect his privacy.