TWENTY FIVE

Emma Pov.

I yawned & pressed my back closer into the beige couch, pulling the chunky knit blanket further onto my shoulders. My hands were resting on my empty-feeling stomach under the blanket as I tried not to think about how it had lost it's full feeling today. After Ethan & I's deep talk about our feelings-me explaining to both him & myself that I was in love with him-Doctor Beth had come back into the room, telling me what I had to do because of the baby's death. I had to push out it's small, dead corpse. When it was all over I chose not to look at the innocent thing, not wanting to breakdown again. I was gonna stay at the Dolan's tonight, Ethan insisting & me not wanting to go home to my dad. I didn't even tell my own father I was pregnant & I don't plan to.

Ethan shifted his position next to me while staring at the movie playing on the bright screen infront of us, his knee brushing against my blanketed one. "Stop hogging the blanket, I'm fucking freezing." He groaned, tugging on the blanket & I tugged back. "Awe, you poor baby." I snorted, pulling the blanket closer to myself & ignoring his tugging hand. "Emma." He pleaded in a deep tone & I smiled to myself, pretending to not hear him & be interested on what was happening in the movie. "Fine." I heard him state next to me & I was about to mock him before large hands suddenly scooped me up, pulling me on top of him. I blushed deeply as he wrapped his arms around me, not letting me escape. "Ethan." I groaned, pushing against his chest playfully. "I thought you 'don't know your feelings', yet here you are forcibly cuddling me?" I challenged, raising an eyebrow up at him. He rolled his eyes at me & licked the inside of his cheek as he stared at the television. "Okay Mr. Tough-Guy." I said sarcastically & laid my chin back down on his collarbones, turning my body to the side slightly so I could get a better view of the television. I suddenly felt his hand slip under the blanket on me, the pad of his thumb starting to subconsciously trace random patterns onto my upper arm. Goosebumps rose up on my skin & I felt my face get hot. I found myself focusing more on his touch that was continuously switching locations than Stitch's thick alienated accent talking on the television.

"Oh my-you guys are back?!" I recognized James' voice suddenly exclaim from the doorway to the living room & I lifted my head up off of Ethan, looking over at my friend. "Yeah, we got back around an hour ago....." Ethan trailed off from above me, his voice soundly slightly tired. "You could've said something. Grayson's been moping in bed ever since school ended and will barely talk to me because of how worried he is about you Emma. You sister-shit-head." James explained, pointing a glare at me. Ethan chuckled at James' name calling, making his chest vibrate under me. I went to climb off of Ethan, wanting to go make sure my best friend was alright. Ethan only tightened his arms around me & I groaned, looking down at him. "Ethan. I need to go check on your brother, let go." I said & he shook his head, his grip staying the same. "No, you're warm." He hummed, smiling drowsily up at me. He seemed to like love & affection now ever since I showed him what it actually felt like. My heart fluttered for a moment before I reached a hand in between us & poked his ribcage, causing him to laugh as his grip loosened. I took advantage & climbed off of him, running over to James so he wouldn't be able to catch me. I chuckled at Ethan's sad expression he was giving me from the couch. I turned to look at James who was staring back & forth between Ethan & I with a shocked expression. I smiled & grabbed James' arm, pulling his shocked form with me down the hallway & towards the stairs.

Once we reached the top of the stairs I had already explained everything that had happened to James, him not being able to stop giving me wide & confused eyes. "Oh my actual God. I don't know about you but to me it seems like he's in love with you too." James said while smirking & I rolled my eyes, swatting at his shoulder. I looked up to see that we were already in front of Grayson's bedroom door. I sighed & knocked on the wooden structure, waiting to hear a response. "What." I heard Grayson's muffled voice say from the other side of the door, sounding uninterested & sad. "Hey loser." I said softly as I opened the door, seeing Grayson shoot up from where he was curled up on his bed & run towards the doorway. "Grays-" I tried to stop him before he tackled me to the floor in a hug. I winced, there still being a good amount of pain in the lower half of my body. "Oh my God I'm sorry. I was just really worried about you and I got anxious." Grayson said quickly & scrambled off of me, holding a hand out for me to take so that he could pull me up. I let his hand linger in the air for a moment, taking deep breaths to get rid of the familiar ache in my stomach & crotch area. "The fuck did you do Grayson?!" I suddenly heard Ethan's voice exclaim & I looked to see him jogging over to me from the top of the stairway. I was suddenly being scooped up into his arms bridal style as he glared at Grayson across the hallway. "She just got out of the fucking hospital and you tackle her?! What the fuck were you thinki-" Ethan began to curse at his twin & I put a hand on the side of his reddening face, gently making him look down at me. "E, I'm fine. I promise. It's not Gray's fault." I said to him, feeling as his heaving chest slowly calmed down. Grayson was looking at us with a confused expression & I watched James lean in to whisper in his boyfriend's ear, explaining to him everything that had happened. "Still. He should know better. I should've known better." Ethan said lowly from above me & I moved my eyes back up to look at him. "What are you talking about?" I asked, standing up out of his arms & planting my feet onto the floor in front of him. "I should've stopped being a little needy pussy and stayed away from you after Meredith beat you up, she warned you and I didn't fucking listen because I...." He trailed off like he didn't want to finish what he was going to say & I cupped his cheeks again, making him look down at the floor & avoid my eyes. "Ethan, look at me." I whispered & his eyes dragged up to meet mine. "That wasn't your fault, this-this isn't your fault. You can't blame yourself for not wanting to be away from me, you were naturally drawn to affection. You're love-starved Ethan and it's not your fault." I explained quietly & he bit his lip, staring directly into my eyes with an unreadable expression. I stroked my thumb across his cheek & moved my arms to wrap around his neck, pulling him against me into a hug as I closed my eyes. He immediately reacted & hugged me back, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. I opened my eyes & pressed a small reassuring kiss to the base of his neck, seeing all of the hickies from the wild night of spin the bottle.