FOUR

Emma Pov.

When I got home from school that same day, I had been slightly scared to see that my father was home as well. But what I didn't expect was when my father started crying & apologizing over & over to me, promising that he'd never drink or touch me like that again. I forgave him, but told him it would still take me a little bit to fully trust him again.

James had invited me to go with him to the football game tonight & I agreed, not being able to say no to his bubbly-self. Grayson had also texted me, asking if I was going because he was wondering if he could sit with me in the risers. I found it weird, since Grayson was one of the star players on the team, along with Ethan. When I asked why though, he said that he broke his arm falling out of a tree & the coach told him not to play tonight.

So now I was standing in front of the mirror in my bathroom, getting ready to go to the wild football game.

I had picked up some more makeup from the drugstore on the way home from school, so I was able to cover up the bruise on my temples for starters. I kept the same makeup look from earlier in the day & just decided to change into a cropped black hoodie with a pair of blue ripped jeans. I curled my hair into beach waves, grabbing a water bottle & my phone before heading out the door to wait on my porch for James.

As I waited, my stomach started to ache & I remembered that I hadn't eaten in a few days since Ethan called me fat. I pinched my stomach, almost silently telling it to shut up.

James pulled up into the driveway & I smiled at him through the windshield, walking around to the passenger side. I got inside & shut the door, sinking against the leather seat. "Hey kitty-girl!" James said excitedly & I laughed. "Hi." I replied simply as James shifted the gear into 'drive' & we drove towards the high school. I set my water bottle in one of the many cup holders.

After insisting that we listen to Taylor Swift songs the whole way there, we finally arrived in the parking lot & found a spot to park.

As we walked towards the stadium I decided to let James know that Grayson would be sitting with us, not that I thought he would mind. And he didn't, he just responded with a simple; "Okay."

We finally found a spot to sit on the risers, near the front & bottom so that
we would have a clear view of the field. We sat down onto the cold risers & I finally got a chance to take in James' outfit. He wore a normal 'Calvin Klein' tracksuit, except for the fact that the jacket was cropped & the pants were practically booty-shorts. I chuckled at his attire & he just crossed his legs while winking at me. I barely just met him like yesterday & I already loved him.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket & I sat up slightly, snatching it from behind me & clicking it on. The screen lit up & showed a message from Grayson. He was asking where I was sitting. I texted him back & told him in the very front row, towards the left.

Not long after, I saw Grayson walking towards us & his eyes lingered on
James for a second before looking at me & smiling. As he sat down next to me, I noticed the thick black cast he had on his right arm. "Hey E." He greeted me & I smiled at him. "Hey Gray." I replied & was about to introduce him to James, who was sitting on the other side of me when James began talking instead. "Oh my God," he started & Grayson rose an eyebrow at his voice, "Emma, when you told me your friend would be sitting with us...you didn't tell me that he was completely daddy material." James gushed & I watched in surprise as a faint blush spread on Grayson's prominent cheekbones. Since when did Grayson Dolan blush? Apparently he didn't appeal to the nickname; 'daddy'. James giggled & held out his perfectly manicured hand towards Grayson. "I'm James." He stated & Grayson stared at his hand for a second before shaking it with his much larger hand. "Grayson." Was all he said before they both dropped their digits back to their sides.