SEVEN

Emma Pov.

I stood outside of Ethan's bedroom for a moment, staring at the white
door that seemed so innocent except for the fact that there was a fist-sized hole punched through the middle of it.

I breathed in & out deeply & nervously as I heard a very quiet cry from behind the door I stood at. 1. I had just run up the stairs & 2. I was nervous to see what was behind the door.

I shook my head as I heard another quiet choked sound & then nothing, no more cries or noises. I couldn't stand here anymore without doing something.

I gripped the door handle tightly & turned it, shoving the impaled door open & being shocked at what I saw.

Ethan was sitting on the floor, leaning against his bed with a small razor
in his hands & a blood-dripping right arm. He looked drained as he stared at the floor & shivered constantly.

"Oh my God, Ethan!" I whisper-yelled & ran over to his slightly-shaking form. He looked at me with wide eyes & I grabbed his left unhurt-wrist with my wrapped hand, trying to grab the bloody blade from his fingertips with my other hand.

"No." He choked out quietly & balled his hand quickly into a fist around the blade. I gasped. "Ethan no, stop!" I raised my voice & attempted to pry his clenched fist open with both of my hands.

Ethan let out a soft noise of pain & I felt something drip onto my leg, realizing that it was from the blade cutting into his palm deeply from his tight grip. His fist only clenched tighter at the sight. "Ethan you have to let it go!" I yelled.

If he kept going he could cut into his bone & have permanent damage possibly. "Ethan let go, come on. Please Ethan!" I pleaded & he didn't. What the fuck would make him?! I panicked.

For some reason a sick idea popped into my head as I remembered how
Meredith bragged at lunch one time that Ethan was weak for nicknames. I remember exactly how I rolled my eyes at her as well.

"Ethan, baby, let go." I said, trying to talk him down by using a nickname.
Ethan's breathing faltered momentarily at the name & I took advantage of it, prying his fist open quickly.

I snatched the crimson-soaked blade out of his gashed palm & chucked it behind me, out of his reach. Why would Ethan hurt himself like this?

I looked at the deep cut buried in a small pool of blood on the inside of his hand, lowering my eyes in sympathy. I looked into his eyes & watched as silent tears slowly rolled down his flushed face.

"Come here." I said softly & pulled him into my arms, holding him close as he buried his face into my hoodie. I felt the material of my hoodie start to dampen as Ethan cried silently. I carded my fingers through his hair repeatedly, pushing it off of his flushed forehead. "It's okay, you're okay. Just let it out." I whispered, gently rubbing his shoulder blade with my free hand.

Ethan subconsciously moved his gashed hand to grip onto my hoodie, but let out a sharp groan of pain & flinched as the movement reminded him of the wound. I glanced down at his shaking hand.

The once clean & white wrap I had put on his knuckles earlier, was now stained a deep red from the blood trickling towards it. I reached & gently grabbed his wrist, bringing his bleeding hand towards me. I caressed the inside of his wrist softly with one hand, trying to comfort him as I reached behind me & grabbed the discarded razor with my other hand. Ethan breathed shakily into my hoodie, not knowing what I was doing.

I took the razor to the sleeve of my hoodie & cut a big strip of fabric off, throwing the razor back to the side once I was done. I moved Ethan's hand softly against my pant leg, wiping off as much blood as possible. I then held Ethan's hand open gently & took the strip of my hoodie I had cut out, wrapping it securely around his open-wounded hand & tying it off so it would stay. I read an article once that using soft fabric like clothing, is actually better to wrap & treat wounds rather than using medical wrap.