TWENTY ONE

James Pov.

"What?" I muttered out loud to myself & shook my head, blinking quickly before rereading the plastic device in my hands over & over. Positive. The test read positive. Emma-Emma's pregnant. Last night when I had suggested it to her I did it think it was actually the case, I just wanted to see her reaction honestly. But she's actually pregnant?! "Y-You're pregnant....with Ethan's....?" I trailed off in a questionable tone as I tilted my head up to look at her crying figure. She nodded her head while closing her eyes tightly as her lips parted & she let out a shaky breath, more tears spilling over her bottom eyelashes. "Oh sister, come here." I cooed & wrapped my arms around her as she shook against me with heavy sobs. "I-I'm not ready to b-be a mom, E-Etha-Ethan wouldn't want a b-baby either." She sobbed out into the fabric of my shirt & I frowned, cocking my head down & pressing my chin into her hair as I rubbed her back. "Shh, it's okay. I don't know about Ethan wanting a baby, he gives off mixed signals but I'm sure he'll be supportiv-." I began to reply & she cut me off quickly. "Don't tell Ethan! H-He's not gonna know." She stated & sniffled into my chest. "You know, it's not be the best option but you could always get an abortion if it's not too late." I explained quietly & she pulled away from me, looking at me with a shocked expression. "I-I would never kill such a-an innocent thing!" She cried loudly & I clamped my hand over her mouth. "Okay, okay, shh, it was just a suggestion." I assured, pulling her back against my chest as she nodded her head slowly while sniffling more. "Ethan n-never finds out." She mumbled quietly below me & I frowned at Grayson's bedroom wall. "Emma-" I began to object but she cut me off, "No James. Promise m-me. Promise me y-you won't tell h-him." I clenched my jaw as she let out a pained hiccup & looked up at me with heartbroken, watery eyes. "Or G-Grayson. I d-don't want him knowing e-either." She added. I sighed & cursed to myself. "I...I promise." I said reluctantly. She suddenly pressed back against me, wrapping her arms around me tightly as she hiccuped against me. "Th-thank you." She stammered out & I nodded sadly, my chin bobbing against the top of her head. "It'll be okay, I'll help you with whatever you need. Just call me or text me." I said kindly & she nodded against me. "O-okay." She muttered sadly & I frowned. Fucking Ethan & his weak ass pull out game. Or he was too fucking drunk to care.

Ethan Pov.

After my steamy & thoughtful shower I had dried off & thrown on some random joggers & a hoodie-which I think was Grayson's but I don't really care. It was comfortable & I was tired, that hot water from my shower making me drowsy. I made my way down the staircase, walking back down the hallway towards the living room. I entered in, stepping on the shaggy carpet & saw Grayson still asleep on the floor, now cuddling Emma's pillow she had used last night. I moved my eyes over to the couch & saw Emma laying with James, wrapped around him tightly as they cuddled in a friendly way. I mean, what other way? James is the most gay person I've ever met & he's made it pretty clear that he's dating Grayson. Emma & James we're watching some video on James' phone that made James laugh quietly. Emma was still wearing my hoodie & looked comfortable against James as she looked over at me & gave me a small smile. Her face was slightly red as if she had been crying earlier, must just be the lighting angle I was seeing her from. I walked over to Grayson who was still sleeping on the floor, nudging him in the stomach with my foot. "Wake up, lazy ass." I announced & Grayson didn't move, just shut his opened mouth & continued to dream. I sighed & moved to sit on the other couch across from James & Emma, moving into a comfortable position & shutting my eyes peacefully. Time for a nap.

A few minutes passed as I was on the verge of falling asleep when I heard a loud groan come from the middle of the room. I frowned & opened my eyes, seeing Grayson waking up on the floor & looking around as his hair stuck up in every direction possible. Grayson's eyes landed on James & Emma as he slowly stood up, taking a blanket with him from the floor. He walked over to them & Emma watched him with wide eyes, shaking her head. "Gray, no-" Her panicky voice was cut off as Grayson plopped on top of her & James, getting comfortable as he laid his head in Emma's lap & wrapped his arms around her sleepily. My stomach knotted for some reason. Grayson laid so his ass was right in James' face, doing it on purpose as James groaned & tried shoving my brother off of them. Emma did the same, pushing against Grayson's broad chest. "Love me!" Grayson yelled tiredly, hugging Emma tighter as she laughed & shook her head. "No! Gray get off, you weigh like ten hundred pounds!" Emma stated & Grayson buried his face into her stomach. A pang of something ran through me & I frowned at myself. The hell was that? A pang of jealousy? It sure felt like it, but-I wasn't jealous was I? There's nothing to be jealous about. All Grayson did was cuddle Emma. That's all. That's all that happened. Nothing else. There's no reason to be jealous.