FOURTEEN

Grayson Pov.

I sat up in my warm bed for a second, waiting. I had just been woken up to the sound of a scream & it sounded like it came from Ethan. I didn't hear anymore noises. Maybe he just stubbed his toe or something? I reached for my phone & clicked the power button, the light illuminating off the five inch screen & lighting up my room with a dim glow. It was 5:24 a.m. The fuck? How could Ethan stub his toe at five in the morni-"AHHHH!" Another scream erupted from down the hallway & I scrambled out of my bed, tossing my phone carelessly into the pocket of my hoodie as I sprinted down the hall to Ethan's room.

I burst through Ethan's closed bedroom door & flicked the light on, revealing Ethan who was sitting on the edge of his bed with his head in his bands & his elbows resting on his knees. "What the fuck happened?!" I asked & Ethan shook his head. "I don't know what's happening." I heard him mumble, still not looking at me & I scoffed. "So you wake up screaming at five in the morning and you don't know why. Bullshit. What the hell happe-" I started but stopped mid-sentence when Ethan shit his head up to look at me. My stomach flipped. His eyes were swollen & red, barely open as he attempted to look at me. He had tears running down his face but he wasn't crying, it just looked like whatever happened hurt really bad.

"I woke up like this and I can barely see fucking anything! You're a huge blob of blur right now! Am I going blind?!" He yelled & his facial expression showed extreme worry. I was about to say something but he stood up & went to walk towards me, only to run harshly into his night table & trip. He groaned as he stumbled back & fell onto the floor. He winced extremely loudly for some reason when his back hit the carpet though. I sighed, running over to him & picking him up by his shoulders to set him back on his bed. "I don't know what the fuck to do." He whined, wrapping his almost protectively around his abdomen as a look of slight pain crossed his face. "Neither do I! I don't have fucking glasses so I don't know what the fuck is happening! I also have no clue why your face looks like a baboon's ass right now because of how red it is!" I yelled, feeling anxious that I didn't know how to handle this situation. I watched with guilt as Ethan flinched slightly at my words, especially when I mentioned his glasses. He reached up with his hands & touched his face hesitantly, then ducking his head down as if he gave up. I took a deep breath in. I needed to calm the fuck down. Who has glasses would know what to-Emma.

I snatched my phone out of my pocket & hastily unlocked it, pressing my finger onto the messaging app & texting Emma. After a few texts of urgent-ness, she finally seemed to wake up to the sound of her notifications & text back;

Me: EMMA I NEED UR HELP PLZ ANSWER!!

Me: EMMA WAKE UP SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH ETHAN

Me: EMMAAAAAAAAAA IDK WHAT TO DO ANSWER ME!!!

Asshole <3: wtf what's wrong I was sleeping?

Me: ethan woke up screaming in pain & his eyes r all red & swollen shut, idk what to do & I thought u would know since u got glasses so maybe it has something to do with that???

Asshole <3: wut does he look like atm? send a pic.

Me: k one min.

I swiped out of the messaging all & went to the camera icon on my phone, flipping the camera around so it wasn't facing myself & pointing it at Ethan's ducked head. "E, look up I need to take a picture of you for Emma." I stated & he shook his head. "No she doesn't need to see me like this. She should be sleeping." He said & I sighed. "Ethan. Let me see your face, your in pain right?" I questioned & Ethan nodded slowly. "Well if you let me take a picture then Emma might know what to do to stop the pain." I bargained & he seemed to have a mental debate about it for a second, before lifting his bed-head up reluctantly. I quickly snapped a picture with the flash on & lowered my phone back down to send it to Emma;