EIGHT

Grayson Pov.

I groaned as I woke up naturally, my dream about a hot Latina chick coming to an end. I sighed, scrunching my face up at the sun shining through my eyelids. It's Tuesday. I stretched & rolled over, the sheet falling off of me as I opened my eyes to look at the time on my alarm clock. 6:58 a.m. Shit. I'm running late.

I sat up quickly in my layered bed & clenched my jaw hard, a pounding headache hitting me like a truck. A familiar feeling. A hangover. I sighed & ignored my throbbing head, getting up & grabbing a random pair of clothes from my closet consisting of a grey 'Vans' hoodie & some black joggers. I slipped them both on quickly. Not bothering to wear a shirt under the hoodie since I was already gonna be late & it was cold out anyway. I snatched my deodorant up & lathered it on, my hoodie riding up slightly. I also sprayed a spritz of cologne on, hopefully covering the scent of alcohol since I didn't have time for a shower like I usually did.

I did all the necessities in the bathroom-not bothering to style my ruffled hair-& raced down the stairs, almost tripping over the last step. I darted towards the living room, passing the front door & face planting straight into Ethan who was about to walk out the door. Ethan stumbled back slightly & for once in my life, I was happy that's Ethan was at least an inch taller than me. Because otherwise, his lips would've made contact with my lips other than my nose. I cringed at the thought, wiping my nose.

Ethan didn't say anything & just continued on his way out the door, he also had a hoodie on but I could tell he had another long sleeve shirt on under it since the sleeve was poking out slightly. Weird. He almost never double-layers his clothes. He also seemed sort of sad....but I mean, what's new? He only has two moods basically. Mad or sad. Honestly I preferred him being sad more, as cruel as it sounds. But when he's sad, he usually doesn't insult my every action like he does when he's mad.

The front door shut behind him loudly echoing through the house & I snapped out of my thoughts, grabbing my backpack up off of the couch & stopping by the kitchen to down two pills quickly. Hopefully they would help with my hell of a headache I had.

I sprinted out the front door, shutting it behind me & trotting down the few
concrete steps on the first porch. I looked in our driveway to see that Ethan had taken his ride & was already gone so I walked over to my 'Bronco' & got in, shutting the door behind me. I threw my bag in the passenger's seat & jammed the key into the ignition, turning it until the engine purred & I quickly put on my seatbelt. I checked my mirrors before shifting the gear stick into reverse & backing down the driveway, then putting the gear stick back into drive & speeding off towards school.

After finding a random parking spot & running into school, I sighed in relief as I leaned against my locker. There was still seven minutes before first period actually started. I noticed a familiar blue 'Shadow Hill' hoodie coming my way & I smiled looking at my bestfriend. "Hey Gray, how's your head?" Emma asked, chuckling as she referred to my hangover. "I have a hell of a headache and can't remember anything that happened last night so, shitty." I responded, running a hand through my messed up hair. "Yeah, you seemed pretty out of it last night when you came stumbling into the house." Emma stated, laughing more at the memory of last night. "Wait, you were at our house yesterday?" I questioned, not remembering. Was she there with Ethan? Emma paused for a moment & adjusted the bottom of her hoodie, looking down at her fingers. "Uh-yeah. Mrs. Perrivil asked me to bring Ethan the homework so I did....and then I just stayed for a little bit to watch a show with him." Emma explained & I nodded. She seemed like she was leaving out something but I chose to ignore it. "I see." I said. "Yeah, it was hilarious because when you came home last night you kept mumbling incoherent things about James before going upstairs. You must've been with him." Emma said & my eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Was I with James? Ugh, I don't remember.