TEN

Emma Pov.

"W-why-uh...why are you here...?" Ethan said slowly, trailing off as he scratched the back of his neck. I blinked, still shocked that I just found out Ethan Grant Dolan wears glasses. "You have glasses?!" I shrieked, not knowing what else to say. "No! They're G-Grayson's!" Ethan yelled & I flinched involuntarily at the tone of his voice. His face softened at my actions & he sighed, turning back around & resting his head on his hands on the desk. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell....I never mean to..." I heard him say, trailing off.

I hesitated before walking forwards so that I was standing next to where he sat in the office chair. "It's fine, I'm just not used to....friendliness? From you?" I explained & he groaned, leaning back & sinking down farther in the chair. "I know." He said, sighing. "I'm sorry about....earlier." I apologized, referring to when I stopped him from doing what he wanted. Ethan cocked his head at me, his eyebrows knitting together. "What'd you do earlier?" He asked, confusion lacing his voice. My eyebrows furrowed at his question. "I didn't let you do what you wanted," I started & looked down at my twiddling fingers, "I thought you were mad at me." I stated & heard Ethan let out a scoff. Well shit. He probably thinks I'm pathetic, judging from his reaction.

I bit the inside of my cheek, begging the dumbass tear in my eye not to fall. I'm so damn emotional lately, like fuck.

I faintly heard Ethan say something but I wasn't paying attention, lost in my thoughts. What if he regrets ever being friendly to me?

One of the collecting tears in my eyes betrayed me, rolling down my cheek in all of its hot glory. I panicked, quickly wiping my face with my sleeve & looking back down as if nothing happened.

Ethan Pov.

I watched as Emma hastily wiped a tear that had streaked down her face. Did I make her cry? All I said was about how I wasn't mad at her, that she didn't do anything wrong.

Emma looked back down at her fidgeting bands & my heart contracted for whatever reason . I wanted to comfort her like she did for me the past two times but....I don't know how to comfort somebody. I've never done it before because nobody ever did it for me. Well, until Emma came along.

I took a deep breath, deciding I would just try whatever & hope for the best. I hesitantly reached my hand out, about to touch her arm but then...I chickened out & retracted my hand.

Emma, noticing my quick gesture, looked up at me & tilted her head. "What are you doing?" She questioned, looking at me with a dumbfounded expression. I opened my mouth to come up with an excuse, but then shut it since it would just make me look more stupid.

Emma cocked an eyebrow at me & I sighed. "I was trying to comfort you god dammit, but I-I....don'tknowhow." I exaggerated, mumbling the last part quickly. "What was that last part?" She asked. She almost had a teasing tone to her voice. "I don't know how, okay?" I groaned out, flinging my hands up slightly & looking down at my feet.

I heard her stifle a chuckle from above me & I glared at the floor. She thought it was dumb probably. Yes, we get it, Ethan Dolan doesn't know how to make a person feel better.

"Ethan, look at me." I heard her say softly & I slowly moved my head up, making involuntary eye contact with her. "Stand up." She said, shooting me a smile when I gave a confused look at her request. "Just trust me." She added & I nodded slowly, standing up so that I was looking down at her slightly. "Hands." She said, holding her arms out. She gave me a reassuring nod after I paused for a moment & I inhaled, placing my large hands in her small ones. She looked down at the wrap she had previously placed on my palm & knuckles sadly for a moment before looking back up into my eyes. She took a step forward so that her face was almost touching my neck. Then she simply reached her hands behind herself, dragging mine with her & she clasped mine together before gently wrapping her arms around my neck.