9 • aftermath

"Are your friends ever going to go home?" I asked Ashton as we sat in the back of the bar, he had his arm around my shoulder and I was leaning my head against him half asleep. "I have a fucking class in an hour." I said with a grunt. The music wasn't playing that loud anymore but there were still about 15 guests sitting around the bar, talking, laughing, catching up and having another drink.

"Do you guys serve breakfast?" He asked me with a grin and I punched him gently without moving my head.

"We do, but the cook isn't working before 8." I said and he looked at me with a smile.

"Are you always that grumpy in the morning?"

"I've been awake for 24 hours now and I got my own party tonight so I won't be in bed before 3-4am tonight. That's over 40 hours awake."

"Maybe consider skipping class and going to bed." He said and I looked at him to see if he was serious, but he was. If you have enough of alcohol in your body, it's a little easier.

"I'm just going to sleep right here." I said before closing my eyes for a few seconds. He just stayed quiet and let me use his shoulder as my pillow when I heard a glass shatter. "Fucking hell." I got up and walked over to clean it up. "I hope you all had a great party but we are opening again in two hours and still need to clean everything up. So as it is already 6am, I would like to ask to either leave or help clean up so we can open in time. If you do stay, you can order breakfast after 8."

"I'd say we just wait for breakfast." Calum said excited. He woke up around 4am and just rejoined the party so he had 4 hours of sleep, which I was very jealous off.

"Then you help clean up." I said as I handed him a wet towel to clean the tables.

"Let's make this party last 12 hours." Luke said with a laugh as he started collecting empty bottles. I stood next to the bartender as we watched them all collect empty bottles or trash from the ground. We were both a bit confused.

"Didn't see thatone coming." He said before getting more cleaning stuff. He was exhausted too but I know he had a few energy drinks hidden to keep him awake.

"Me neither. But I guess I'm going to miss my 7am class." I took a brush and handed it to Luke when he came back with empty bottles. I rearranged all the tables like they were supposed to stand and Ashton helped me with the chairs.

Everything was cleaned up an hour later and they just sat down at a table again to have another drink.

John came inside and looked at me confused and kinda shocked that they were still here.

"They're waiting for breakfast." I said when he stopped beside me. I was watching the group from behind the bar. "But now that you're here, it's my time to sleep."

"You want me to leave you something for breakfast?" He asked me as I went to get my keys.

"I'm going to skip breakfast and just sleep for a while now." I said and he laughed before nodding. I walked over to the guys to say goodbye and they all looked a little upset when they saw me with my keys. "Maybe we'll see each other another time." I said before I hugged the band goodbye.

"Oh we definitely are. We'll make sure to see you every time we come to London." Luke said with a smile, "and we'll never stop stalking you on instagram."

"Don't ever stop quoting our lyrics." Calum said with a grin, "and don't forget about us."

"The only reason I would ever stop doing that is if you stop making music." I said with a grin, "and I'll think of you wherever you are, Calum."

"You're better at coming up with our lyrics and song titles than we are." He replied with a laugh, "Don't stop doing that."

"It's too late to stop that now." I said with a smile before going to Ashton. "I'll see you tonight at 8?"