32 • game on

"Why is there an alarm going off?" Ashton asked with a grunt as he hold onto me even thighter.

"Because I've got class today, I can't just skip all classes." I said with a sigh. I got out of his grip and reached for my phone to turn the alarm off. As I thought back to last night, I felt embarrased. It was my first panic attack I had infront of Ashton.

"Just don't open any social media yet." He said with his eyes still closed.

"I know, I'll be gone untill 12 so just sleep a little longer." I said before kissing his cheek. He nodded and pulled the covers over his head.

"I love you and have fun in class" he mumbled from underneath the covers.

"I love you too Ash" I said back with a smile. I used the flashlight on my phone to pick out my clothes for today. I went to the bathroom quickly to wash myself and get ready before going to the kitchen to feed Piper and get myself some food aswell.

But as I sat down on the chair, I saw the multiple texts from Jackie, who was already awake for school, coming in.

I ignored it for now and just put my phone on silent. I gathered my things while walking around with my cereal bowl. I brushed my theeth quickly and left the appartment. I had gotten pretty fast at getting ready for class.

Piper seemed happy to go on another adventure as she walked beside me proudly. I on the other hand was everything but happy to have to go to class.

I'm supposed to have class till 5 so I'm already skipping 2 classes this afternoon to be with Ash.

This just sucks.

"Oh my god." I heard a girl said before there were quick steps towards me. I felt like I just shrank 3 inches but I had to keep my head up and smile. "You're Samantha, right?" The blonde asked and when I was forced to look at her, I saw her friend. Oxygen mask and a beanie on, but I know a bald person without having to look at their head. The beanie was too round and there wasn't any hear peaking from underneath.

"Yeah, yeah I am." I said as I kept my eyes on the other girl with a small smile on my face. She looked back at me with a smile, "Hi"

"I just wanted to say thank you. For the song you wrote and what you're doing for cancer research, even though it's not even out yet I know it will be good." The blonde said, finally pulling my attention towards her. They weren't stopping me for Ashton. And I was going to be late in class. "My sister has lung cancer and she really looks up at you."

"Hey" she said, her voice so broken. The hospital was just a street away, so they were just outside for a short walk.

But after being in her position for so long, I didn't know what to say to her. Because I knew 90% of the things I could say, sound horrible in her ears. The 'you'll get better', 'just keep fighting' and 'you look good' are the most horrible things to say. But I've been staying away from the oncology section in hospitals for a while.

I was speechless, which is a rare thing.

"How advanced is it?" I asked as medical talk was all that could get out of my mouth.

"They cought it very early so I'm supposed to kick it's ass." The girl said with a small smile on her face. "I really can't wait untill your song gets out today."

And I almost forgot.

"I hope you will like it" I said a little nervous before looking around. "I really would love to talk a little longer but I have class. But you're at the UCH right?"

"Yes, just around the corner."

"If you give me your name, I'll try to find you when I'm doing my internship there next week." I said as I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible.