19 • desire

"Sam, we need to leave." Ashton said after knocking on my door.

"Just a second." I threw on a shirt and took my sweater before pulling the door open to see Ashton waiting for me. He was leaning against the wall on the opposite side and looking at me with a smile.

"I got the music sheets you changed things on so we can leave." Ashton said as he held them up. I nodded and followed him downstairs.

"Just one second to put on my shoes and take Piper's leash." I said and he held up his other hand, already holding it, I smiled at him before putting on my shoes.

"You'd forget your head if it wasn't attached to your body." He said with a chuckle as he watched me.

"I swear I'm not that chaotic usually. I can live on my own perfectly and not forget a thing." I said as I was done, I called Piper who was on her bed and she ran over straight away. She felt at home from the minute we arrived here and loved going on adventures with us. She loved all the dogs of the guys.

"I find that hard to believe." He took his keys and we got into the car. Luke had a small studio in his house so we were going over there.

He's been acting just a little different since the party 2 days ago, he's doing these small things as if he's trying to make up for something. But I try not to let it get to me.

After two days I was able to get the feeling out of my head. I saw him as a friend and nothing more again and that was a relieve.

"I hope you didn't mind about the things I added and changed to the music." I said as I looked down at my hands, I never asked them if I could. I just tried to play the song and found a few things that could be better.

"Don't worry about it, you just made it better." He replied with a grin. We got out of the car and he led me behind the house. He pulled the back door open and I could already hear the others playing. "But you did make us late."

"I know." We walked into the room and there were two older men sitting inside too.

"Matthew, Louis, this is Sam. She volunteered to help with the piano piece." Luke said as we walked in, "Sam, this are Matthew and Louis. They're part of our writing team."

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I said with a smile as I walked over and greeted them.

"Ah, British?" Louis asked with a broad smile.

"Born and raised in the beautiful London. I'm here on a vacation." I replied with a smile.

"So you've been playing the piano for a while?"

"For about 18 years now." I said and they looked impressed.

"She can play Beethoven out of her head and probably with her eyes closed too." Luke said, he really wanted me to look good for them.

"Becoming a pianist and stepping into my mothers footsteps has always been my plan B if university didn't work out." I said with a smile. "I played those songs so often that I can't get them out of my head anymore."

"Can we know your mother?"

"Claire Jacobs, she was well known in the west of Europe. But she passed away 25 years ago."

"I worked with your mother a lot when I still worked in the UK." Matthew said as he recognised the name immediately. "If you're half as talented as she was, I'd love to have you work on the full album with us."

"That would be awesome." Calum said with a grin.

"She did make some changes to what we wrote, so maybe we can just try it once?" Ashton said as he held up the notes. I took the notes from him and sat down at their piano. Luke sat down beside me and we went over the changes I made while Calum, Michael and Matthew discussed the guitar parts.