1

Alfred had always enjoyed Mystery's company until Rex and Kao had come along.

Kao had fallen in love with Alfred, but the ram had never been able to reciprocate those feelings. And while Mystery enjoyed both Rex and Kao's company, he always seemed to enjoy his time with Rex just a bit more. Sometimes that made Alfred annoyed.

Alfred had loved Yuki when they first started dating, but for some reason, he always felt warmer when he was with Mystery.

As time went on, Alfred wasn't sure he loved Yuki the way he used to. Then when Mystery started hanging out more with Rex and Kao. But he supposed Mystery enjoyed their company.

"Hey Al, I'm gonna go to Rex's house, do you need anything while I'm gone?" Mystery asked him merrily.

Alfred grabbed Mystery's arm and hesitated before speaking. "I actually do..."

"Well, what is it?"

"Can you perhaps stay for today," Alfred muttered.

Mystery's eyes soften and smiled "Aw, you know that I can't-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Alfred gave him those eyes. The puppy dog eyes of forbidden. He sighed heavily after swallowing with hesitation.

"Fine, I'll tell Rex I can't make it today"

Alfred smiled with glee as his tail wagged. Mystery grabbed his phone to dial Rex. Once it started ringing he put the phone to his ear and waited for Rex to pick up.

"Hi, Mystery!" Rex's voice rang from the electronic device.

"Hey, Rex I'm afraid I can't make it..." Mystery stated.

"Aw, how come?" Rex asked pouting in his voice quite apparent.

"Well, Alfred wants me to stay in for today... but I promise I'll visit tomorrow!"

"Oh," Rex huffed.

There was a moment of silence before he finally spoke up again.

"Okay, see you tomorrow I guess."

"Bye Rexy!" Mystery Chimed.

"Bye," he answered stiffly. He sounded so gloomy.

Mystery frowned. "Hey don't worry, it'll just be for today. I'll see you soon."

"I know, but I just really wanted to hang out today," Rex sighed.

"Heh, me too, but Alfred needs me," The doctor tried to explain.