8

Mystery looked at Alfred, who couldn't believe what had just happened. He had a blank look on his face as the cat walked over and sat down next to him.

"...What was that?" Mystery asked quietly after a few moments of awkward silence.

"Weren't you paying attention? She broke up with me," Alfred replied, his voice completely devoid of emotion.

"But... why?"

"She found out what we did."

Alfred looked down at his hands that were resting in his lap, "I'm so disgusting."

Mystery put a hand on Alfred's shoulder, doing his best to comfort him, "She was going to find out anyway, it's not really your fault."

He leaned in to cuddle the other man, making him feel just a bit better.

Alfred gave a weak smile, "Thanks, Mystery."

"No problem."

Alfred looked at him for a moment before chuckling softly, "I see you're still wearing that collar."

Mystery grabbed a pillow that was on the couch and threw it at Alfred's face, causing him to fall off.

"Oof! Hey, what was that for?!"

Mystery crossed his arms stubbornly, "For insulting Mystery's feelings! Also, because I'm kind of starting to like this collar now..." He mumbled the last part.

Alfred stood up off the floor and dusted himself off, just slightly annoyed. He sat back down, intent on changing the subject of the conversation.

"So, how was your visit with Kao and Rex?" He asked, not particularly that interested.

"It was great actually!" Mystery beamed. He began rattling on about his day, purposefully avoiding the part where he asked Rex out.

"At least you had a better day than me..." Alfred's face dropped again, hunching his shoulders.

"Well, not... really..." Mystery looked down.

"What do you mean?" The dog tilted his head in curiosity.

Mystery hesitated for a moment before answering, "Well... I sort of asked Rex out on a date..."

Alfred clenched his hands into fists, "A-and... was it a y-yes?"

"Not technically," Mystery frowned, "he just said he'll think about it."

Alfred let his fingers relax and he sighed quietly in relief.

"Sorry to hear that..." he paused, "But, about earlier... since Rex is not your, uh, boyfriend... Do you feel the same?"

The doctor's eyes widened in surprise and he looked away shyly, a light blush dusting his cheeks.

You know what? Mystery thought. Rex had a chance to say yes. Why not? Alfred is really special to me in so many ways.

He looked back to Alfred and smiled.

"You know what? Rex had his chance," Mystery said, grabbing Alfred's cheeks, making the man blush.

"Yes, I have the same feelings for you too," he announced.

Alfred grabbed Mystery's neck, pulling him closer. He could feel the warmth of the other man's breath on his face. Mystery closed the distance between them, kissing Alfred deeply, who happily reciprocated. The doctor slipped his tongue into Alfred's mouth, leaving no place unsearched. The dog let out a soft moan. Eventually, they were forced to separate the kiss to pull back for air.