5

As soon as Mystery saw Alfred enter the room, he looked away.

"Good morning Alfred!" Yuki greeted him warmly, a big smile on her face.

"Morning Yuki," he nodded, "morning Mystery."

"Morning," the cat mumbled back quietly. He went to go check the time on his phone but realized that it was dead.

"Hey, uh, my phone died, so I'm gonna go charge it."

"Okay," Alfred shrugged in response.

Mystery grabbed Mago and speed-walked up the stairs to his room, escaping from Alfred. For the first time, he was actually scared of what his friend would do next.

When he finally got to his room, he locked the door behind him, just in case. He dropped Mago onto his bed and plugged his phone into the charger. Then he sat down next to the doll, impatiently waiting for the device to turn back on.

Down in the kitchen, Yuki and Alfred were having a conversation. They talked about work, and how Yuki should spend more time with Mystery to get to know him better.

After twenty minutes, Alfred noticed that the doctor hadn't come back downstairs yet. He was a little worried, he couldn't help it. Maybe he should go check on him? And without Yuki around, he might even get a chance to steal a kiss from him.

"Hey Yuki, I'm going to check on how Mystery is doing."

"Okay, see you later," she smiled, giving him a small wave of dismissal.

Alfred walked up the stairs and approached Mystery's door. He knocked softly and waited for a response.

"Who is it?" He heard him answer from the other side.

"It's me, Alfred!"

He could hear some mumbles behind the door that he couldn't understand. Then he heard the door unlock. Mystery stood there, looking a bit tired.

"Hi Alfred," he said quietly.

Alfred walked in and sat down on Mystery's bed.

He frowned up at the doctor, "Is something wrong?"

"Oh no, nothing's wrong," Mystery replied, averting his eyes.

"Then take a seat," Alfred patted the spot next to him.

Mystery gulped and sat down, but made sure he was far away from Alfred. Alfred looked at him for a moment before scooting closer.

"Hey Alfred.." he nervously mumbled.

"Yeah?"

"What time is it?"

"It's only 11:36 am," the dog informed.

They sat in awkward silence.

Alright, just start a conversation so it doesn't get too uncomfortable, Mystery thought to himself.

"I still remember how we got Mago, it was pretty hilarious," Alfred interrupted his thoughts before he could come up with anything to say.

"Yeah, and look, I still have him," Mystery grinned, hugging Mago tightly to his chest.

"At least we know you actually wanted it more than anything else in the carnival, you were so excited when you saw it," Alfred said jokingly. Mystery laughed.

Alfred tucked his hair behind his ear and subtly placed his hand on top of Mystery. The doctor played along and patted Alfred softly on the head, then grabbed his hand. Alfred started to blush.