9

It was ten in the morning when Mystery and Alfred finally got up to start their usual morning routine. The cat dressed in some jeans and a simple shirt; Alfred dressed in his usual attire.

When the two of them traveled downstairs to the kitchen, Mystery asked for a glass of milk. Alfred drank his typical coffee with some bread.

"Hey, you should really start eating more," Alfred said to Mystery, noticing how he really didn't eat much first thing in the morning.

The doctor shook his head, "No thanks, I'm fine."

"How come? You mostly just drink milk all morning. That can't be good for your health."

Mystery refused again, "No really, I'm good."

"Please?" Alfred begged, giving him a slight pout.

The cat hesitated, but eventually gave in.

"Um... fine, I'll give it a try."

He grabbed a slice of bread and put it into his cup of milk. While he ate, Alfred watched him with a big smile, happy he was finally eating. Mystery felt sick, not liking the texture or taste that was in his mouth. He didn't complain though, he forced himself not to spit it out just to make Alfred happy.

Oh god, he thought to himself, I really don't think eating this was a good idea...

Suddenly he sprinted away to the bathroom, covering his mouth to repress the urge to puke his guts out all over the floor. When he made it there, he beelined straight for the sink.

"Ugh, I hate this feeling so much," he mumbled to himself.

He could hear Alfred knock gently on the locked door.

"Mystery is everything okay in there?"

The cat drew in a shaky breath, "Y-yeah I'm fine now."

"O-okay, I'll be in the kitchen," the other man's voice replied, full of concern.

Is this my fault? The dog thought to himself, Maybe I should've just let him drink his milk instead of forcing him to eat.

Mystery turned on the sink to let the water wash everything away. After a few minutes, he shut it off and went back to the kitchen.

"What happened in there?" Alfred asked him in worry when he re-entered the room.

"Um, I just felt a little sick," Mystery replied quietly.

Alfred got up and carefully wrapped his arms around the other man.

"I hate to see you losing your health like that. Why didn't you tell me that you weren't feeling well?"

Mystery sighed, "I'm sorry Alfred, I just wanted you to be happy. I know you worry about me."

"Yeah, but I don't want you throwing up!" Alfred frowned.

"Hehe, alright Al. I feel better now anyway."

Alfred smiled and reluctantly let go.

"Hey, I'll be right back," Mystery said, turning to once again leave the room.

"Alright," Alfred said as he disappeared.

Mystery left to his bedroom, remembering that he forgot to say good morning to Mago. He patted the doll gently on the head.

"Good morning Mago, did you sleep well?"

"..."

"Great! Daddy has to go now!"