7

Mystery and Kao were supposed to arrive two minutes ago, and Rex was starting to get impatient.

"Gosh, what's taking them so long?" He frowned to himself.

Shortly after he heard the doorbell ring.

"Coming!" He ran to the door in excitement, jumping to reach the doorknob.

Kao smiled brightly at him, and he looked up to see Mystery with a similar expression of joy. Rex stepped aside to let them in.

"Hey guys, I'm happy you finally made it, even if you were two minutes late," he glared half-heartedly at them.

"Yeah, I'm very sorry Rexy," Mystery pulled him into a hug.

"It's alright," Rex brushed it off.

"How have you been?" Kao asked him when they reached the living room.

"Amazing, now that you guys are here!" Rex beamed. "I thought we should go to the Arcade to play some games! Then we could... we..." he paused, "Mystery why are you wearing a collar?"

Mystery's face flushed red as he averted his gaze.

"He lost a bet from Alfred and now has to wear it for a week," Kao explained.

Rex furrowed his eyebrows. "What kind of bet is that?"

Kao shrugged, "I literally have no idea."

"Hey Mystery, it's okay. No need to be ashamed, I think it's kinda cute on you!" Rex smiled at the man who was still huddled in embarrassment.

Mystery blushed profusely. "Thanks, so what are the plans?"

"Oh yeah," Rex giggled, "I forgot for a second there! As I was saying, then we could go to the mall, and finally, go to the movie theater after that."

Kao nodded, "Okay, what movie?"

"Hmm, well, I guess we could just see what's playing."

"Alright then, how about a horror movie?" Mystery smirked, knowing the two others hated anything scary.

"Mystery!" They both glared at him.

He rolled his eyes slightly, "All right, all right."

"Shall we go then? Or are we just gonna stand here doing nothing?" Kao looked at them.

"Fine, let's go," Mystery said, directing them back out towards the car. Rex made sure to lock the door to his house before he got in. When they were ready, Mystery started the engine and pulled out of the driveway.

-

Yuki was taking a shower while Alfred looked for some good clothes for their date.

"Man it's been a long time since Yuki and I had dinner together," Alfred mumbled to himself as he rummaged through his shirt drawer.

Yuki dried herself off and wrapped a towel around her body. She dried her hair with a blow dryer, trying to make it look as perfectly tidy as she could. As for Alfred, he just went to the second bathroom to take a shower.

-

Mystery, Kao, and Rex finally made it to the arcade and immediately flocked to start playing.

"I'm going to win!" Mystery announced at the basketball game.

Kao furrowed his eyebrows in determination. "Not for long!"

He shot almost twice as many hoops as Mystery, smiling in accomplishment.

"Beat that!"

Mystery laughed and patted Kao's head. Rex observed the exchange, feeling a bit jealous.