Chapter.18

Nothing happened when we went to the bleachers.We waited for Brian to stop sobbing but the dang bell rang.I just sighed,said my goodbyes,and walked slowly to my class.I didn't even get my book for this class.

-

"Hey Riley,wait up!" I turned around to see who it was.

"Hey cheetah,jeez you walk kind of fast," I looked over at Marcus with a small smile.

"Well I do want to get out of this hell hole" I shrugged and he agreed with me.We waited until we were out the building."Do you want to walk with me to my car?" Marcus stopped to ask,his eyebrows creasing his forehead as he asked.

I thought about it.He would probably just check up on my answer for his question earlier today.

I nodded and shrugged. We walked slowly to his car.Every other second I would see him take a deep breath and hesitate to say something.We reached his car.He leaned against his trunk and crossed his arms.

"So um,have you thought of your answer yet or would you suprise me?"

I bit my lip in thought.Should I go with Hannah or Marcus?I could do both right?Yeah I can.

"Yeah,I will come over," I smiled softly at him while his eyebrows raised in shock.

"But only for like 3 hours or something,im not staying the night," I quickly clarified.

"Oh yeah,no thats fine.I didn't expect you to.I just want to know you a little more," He smiled.His smile is soo cute.I ruffled his hair and he laughed.After me doing that,we heard a scoff behind me.

I turned around only to see his mean yet very much attractive sister.

"C'mon Marc,you can do better plus mom wants us to hurry up and help her for dinner," She looked at me with hurt.She turned walked to her car.

Wrong time for her to see that.Im not even hurt that she insulted me because I knew she didn't mean it.

Wait did she?I dont know.

I cleared my throat and looked up at Marcus.Marcus was looking down with furrowed brows.Did he really believe Madison?

"Im sorry for what she said," He said lowly while looking up at me.I shook my head in disagreement,"nah it's fine.I know its not true cause she-" I caught myself before I leaked my secret.

That had caught his attention,"What?".

"Nothing,hey look my mom is here.See you soon Marcus," I ruffled his hair once again and walked away.I heard him chuckling as I had my back turnt.Hopefully he didn't pay too much attention to what I had alomst said.

My mom wasn't actually here,I just had to leave that situation.yikes.

I crossed the street and laid my back against the tree bark.I pulled my phone out,getting bored as heck.

I heard footsteps in front of me.They stopped and I can see their leg shadow.I looked up to only see my ex,Angel.

"Hey ugly," I greeted.

"Sup shithead,you walkin?" His younger sister appeared behind him.

"Im pretty sure im not" I glanced at my phone.

"Okay,I'll see you later then," He started to walk away."Hey" Samantha,his younger sister quietly said.I smiled and waved at her,she started to walk away with Angel.

2 minutes later,my mom arrives.As I was getting up and dusting myself,I see Hannah appear from afar.

"You're coming right?" She shouted at me.I nodded hoping my mom hadn't heard what I had agreed to.