Chapter.24

"What gots you smiling so much, Walker?" Brian asked as he approached me with a teasing smile.

"I do not know what you mean, babe" I said jokingly.

"Oh shut up," Brian chuckles and then walks up ahead to catch Vanessa.

How am I going to do this? I don't even know if we're official. Damn it. I don't even want to face Hannah. I feel embarrassed for her. Well, not everything is perfect.

I didn't even realize that Brian had delayed back with Vanessa to stick with me. I only realized when he nudged me.

"So? Are you going to explain?" Brian urged. I shook my head and while avoiding eye contact.

"Girl, I know damn well that you didn't just wake up all happy. You're so monotone," He deepened and monotoned his voice to mimic me. Vanessa and I chuckled.

"Yeah, what happened?" Vanessa spoke up.

"Well, I don't know," An excuse couldn't come any quicker. I don't even believe myself.

"Stop lyin, you do know." Brian looked at me suspiciously. "We're going to continue this at lunch. Don't ditch us for them books that have cobwebs in them, got it?"

"Yeah sure, whatever" I rolled my eyes. I waved goodbye to them when the bell rang.

I didn't even stop at my locker. I'm too shy, I guess, to face Madison. Since when was I shy?

Although, I did pass by our lockers.

And if it was like the universe had set this up. At perfect timing, when I was passing by and when she was turning away from her locker, we made eye contact.

She smiled at me and winked in addition. I grinned at her and cut off our eye contact.

Even though that had lasted a few seconds, my heart was beating wildly. I was breathless as well. It felt like I just ran two miles in 95° weather.

Can you imagine how I feel when she kisses me?

What I feel is definitely better than words. No words can describe what I feel. I can use  big intelligent words but still, it wouldn't quite match my feelings. Still nowhere near to what I feel for her and what she makes me feel.

Here I was again, smiling my way through the halls.

-

"Do you know why Shakespeare wrote 'Romeo and Juliet'?" My literature teacher asked. I didn't hear anything else because I zoned out.

I only came back to reality when I saw everyone abruptly leaving the class.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. Cool, a new notification. Who and what could it be?

Madison:
Wanna come over after school?
Sent at 11:03am

I didn't realize that I was smiling til Brain made a stupid observation.

"Oooo Riley Walker is smiling while looking at her phone. Who is she texting? Mm I bet it's som-"

I cut Brian off before his teasing got me blushing. I don't want him to actually think I'm texting someone who nowadays got me smiling. I mean I am but, he doesn't have to know... yet.

"Shush, my main wife just posted a photo is all," I said quickly making up an excuse.

"Sure." He smirked.

"I'm ser-"

"Hold on, I gotta pee before we head off to lunch," Brian sped walked to the approaching restroom.