Chapter.23

Turns out that I was just being dramatic and didn't throw up on Monday. Of course.

Today is Thursday and Hannah had invited me over to her place once again. Today after school.

Except this time I wasn't sleeping over. I don't want to because of last time.

I cringed at the memory.

She said that she wanted some friend quality time.I mean, that makes sense right? I suppose. I took the invite and told her I'll come over some time after school.

Hannah:
Hey. What time will you be here ??
Sent at 4:48pm

I looked up at mom who was grabbing our plates for dinner.We usually have dinner around 5pm. My mom wouldn't eat lunch at work and honestly I don't either, and so that led us to have dinner before sundown due to the eagerness for food.

I debated whether to tell her during dinner or after. Damn, I don't know.

Me:
Idk. Maybe in an hour and a half.
Sent at 4:50pm

Just as I sent the text, my mom settled our beautiful looking delicious plates down.

"Thanks," I smiled happily as I set my phone down.My mom hummed in response.

I got up and pour our sodas and sat them down next to our plates.

We haven't spoke a word for a few minutes, just enjoying our food. Its been like this ever since my older sister moved out. Me and her were always hyper as hell during and after dinner especially. I miss her, but I don't like to admit it out loud.

I mean like, she did come over last Tuesday but she left this morning. It obviously wasn't the same.

Me and my sister would always make fun of each other.Well... she would make more fun of me and I would just respond with somewhat good comebacks. My mom would usually just sit and laugh at our playful bickering, but most of the times it led into an argument that wasn't fun and playful.

I miss that shit so much. It sucks a lot. Sometimes my heart just squeeze in pain cause of how much I miss and love those days. I don't think I took it for granted though.

I didn't even realize that I zoned out. I always zone out though. I came back to my senses when I heard my mom speak,"How is it?"

"I don't like it," I looked at her seriously.

"You don't like it?" My mom deadpanned and looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Nope, because I loove it," I grinned playfully, slightly throwing my chin up.

My mom smiled and shook her head."Of course you would do that," She amused.
I laughed and hesitated on asking her.

My phone vibrated twice in my lap and I knew it had to be Hannah. It vibrated once more and I grew somewhat annoyed.

"Mom?" I called for her attention.

"What?" She lifted her head to face me after taking a sip of her soda."Can I go hang out with a friend for like an hour or two after eating?" I asked hesitantly.

"It's only for like an hour... but it's okay if you say no though," I trailed off. My mom looked as if she was debating.

"Who's this friend and where do they live?Are they gonna pick you up and bring you back? And why on a school night?" She pressed.

This is why I don't like asking my mom questions, more specifically, asking to go out.  My phone vibrated twice more. I don't even know how I'm getting to Hannah's house now that I think of it.