Chapter 31 - Too Many Tears

Nang nakalapit na sila sa akin. Tears fell from my eyes which made Ken walked faster. He immediately held my hand.

"Are you okay?"

Umiling ako, because right now, I may sound exaggerated, but I really feel like dying.

"May masakit ba sayo? Saan?"

Binitawan ko ang kamay nya at pinunasan ang luha ko. I was like that for some time. Seriously, manhid ba sya?! And when I finally know to myself na okay na ko, I looked at him, then to Melissa, and back to him.

He looked at me from head to toe. "Mace, why are you wearing that? Wala naman kaming gig today. Minove nila Theo next week kasi may event daw silang pupuntahan."

When I heard that, nag-unahan na namang tumulo ang mga luha ko. Why Ken? Why? Of all the people, bakit ikaw pa?

"Where were you all day?"

"I picked up Mel from the airport. Why?"

I closed my eyes. "Anong araw kanina?"

"Saturday." He casually answered.

"And?"

"And what?"

Hindi ko napigilang hindi humikbi. Lumapit pa sya sakin, pero lumayo ako.

"Will you check your phone, please?"

I saw him getting his phone from his pocket. "It's off?" I looked away when he looked at me.

He was scanning his phone for minutes then he looked at me with guilt on his eyes. "Now, do you know what day was it, just a while ago?" There's a hint of bitterness in my tone.

"Macey, I'm sorry. Nawala sa utak ko. Macey, please.."

Naiyak lang ako. Hindi ko inisip na mangyayari to. It breaks me gently. No, more like rapidly, and I hate it.

I smiled at him kahit na hirap na hirap na ako.

"You were the last person I thought that wouldn't be there. We all tried to contact you, but your phone was off." Pinunasan ko ang mga luha ko at tumingala.

"Macey, please believe me.. Nawala talaga sa utak ko.. Mace.."

"Do you know how important that event is? We were even planning to go there together, but to my shock, you weren't even there. I was worried sick. What if something bad happen to you? Or maybe there was an emergency?"

I looked at him and nakatungo sya. Si Melissa naman, nag-iwas ng tingin.

"You stood me up Ken, twice. And okay sana kung regular day lang yun. But no, it wasn't just a regular day! And I was expecting that you would be there to support me, but no! You weren't.

"Akala ko wala dapat akong ikabahala kay Melissa, but I was wrong. Kasi alam mo Ken, she's the reason why you weren't on my side on that event. Ang sakit lang. Ang sakit sakit."

I breakdown in front of him. Niyakap nya ako. Nanlaban ako, but it's no use. Umiyak lang ako ng umiyak. He keeps on caressing my back. Kahit papano naman, tumahan na din ako.

I broke the hug and fixed myself. I looked at him and he was looking back at me.

"I should be going. Mukhang may pag-uusapan pa kayo. And I'm sorry if I came by surprise. Goodnight." Saka ako naglakad palabas ng bahay nila.