Chapter 15

{ Steve Rogers }

| Location: S.H.I.E.L.D. Base |

| Date: 3-10-2019 |

| Time: 11.58 A.M. |

"I don't trust it for one bit Tony! He isn't the Peter we knew from a year ago. We don't even know for sure if he lost his memory." Natasha and Tony walked in to the commons. Every head was turned their way and it wouldn't last forever before the question was asked.

"What happened with Peter?" Bruce spoke from behind me.

"He lost his memory. Or he makes it seem like that."

"We could test it." Now Bruce had all the attention.

"It's quite simple. We should check with the doctor way if he has an concussion and suffers from amnesia."

Everyone stood up without saying a word. Bruce went through the door first, followed by the rest of the team. I closed the door behind me as soon as everybody was out and on their way.

The hallway sounded quiet. It always has been full of live.

Peter loved science, so he would be with Bruce in the lab if he had the chance. They were experimenting, but on a decent level for a child. When Peter was six, they would do thing with powder. There was no fire or any danger.

Peter kept the interest and he would be spending more time with Bruce there. Tony was also joining them more often. I thought it was adorable, but rather dangerous.

Both started with fire, saying that he was further than anyone in his class and needed some action, when Peter became ten. And they were true. Peter was always ahead of the class. For example, when the children from Peter's class started with addition and subtraction, Peter was already ready for multiplying.

"-TEVE! You there buddy?" I shook my head.

"Sorry, just lost in thought."

We were standing in front of the famous lab doors. Bruce pushed them open and we walked inside.

I didn't came often in the lab, but it still amazed me.

The room was open and high. There was so much room that we could have a sleepover with twenty people. The right wall looked like a library. There were rows with books and note books, that were probably written by Tony or Bruce, that filled the whole wall. I didn't had to look at it to know that every book was sorted by name and objective.

On the right side were all kinds of supplies. I saw matches, tubes, raw metal and helium tanks. But what stood out the most was the coffee pot filled with coffee. It wasn't placed on a table or anything, but it stood next to an outlet on the ground.

In the middle of the room was an enormous table with many tools on it. Test tubes were connected to other test tubes. In one of the was something green boiling. But next to the table was just a simple bed. It was the one that you would find by a general practitioner. A clip board laid on a small desk, which was positioned by the bed.

"We need someone that Peter could trust bring him here. Since there is a chance that he really lost his memory and Tony and Natasha are the only ones that spoke to him, it would be wise to send one of them." Bruce instructed.

"It would be better if Tony goes, I accused him for different things and was plain rude so it wouldn't be a surprise if he didn't trust me."

"I will go with Tony," I said. "It's my son after all and you can never have enough back-up."

"Well what are you two waiting for? Go get him."

Tony and I walked to the door. I felt an soft brush against my hand. Tony's hand interlocked with mine. A small tug at my hand made me turn towards him.

"What is it dear?"

"I just want you to know that I love you and we will get through this. With our son in the end."

"I know sweetie. Don't worry about it. It will work out." I gave a small peck on his forehead.

We went forwards in silence. Not the awkward one, but the comfortable kind.

We stopped in front of the elevator, but I wasn't in the mood for it so I directed myself to the stairs. Tony was not planning to exercise so I scooped him up in to my arms and carried him further up the stairs. I was planning on setting him down ones we were at the location, but I guessed that Tony didn't felt like walking anymore. He clanged to me like a koala.

With Tony still in my hands, I pushed the door handle down with my elbow. I let go off Tony, who fell on the floor, and I locked eyes with my son.

A smile appeared on my face immediately when I saw in the position he was in.

"Uhm new stranger sir? Could you help me with getting loose. The ground is holding me to the ground. I should write that one down, because that pun was hilarious. Wait nevermind."