Chapter 21

{ Peter Parker }

| Location: New York ( Test Lab ) |

| Date: 4-10-2019 |

| Time: 11.27 A.M. |

Everything around me slowed down. The claw of the disgusting looking creature went back and it went backwards outside, just like I did. I went gradually at first and it gained more speed. I went faster and faster backwards.

I saw my time with the Avengers and then it became blurry. It was blurry for a while, but it stopped at one exact moment.

"I'm doomed." I said as I looked up to see The Winter Soldier standing above me.

"Yeah you are. Though, I like that you are getting the breathing and the heartrate under control." He complemented me.

I jumped up and faced him.

"What could I do if I end up in a situation like that?" I asked. It could safe my life for all I know.

"It depends on your position and opponent. If you are stuck behind something and you have been noticed then it is no use to hide any longer. You could maybe wait a bit longer until you are sure that he is in range for you to take him out. However, if your enemy is unknown then you should surprise it with a fast escape." The Winter Soldier walked towards a pile of barrels and sat behind it.

"Stand out of my range, but face where I am sitting. This is what most people do when they hear something." I did as he asked.

He made a small sound and I turned my head towards him. I stood still and waited. My curiosity told me to step forward and look, but I restrained myself.

The Winter Soldier rolled from the barrels to the wall and pushed himself away. He flew over the barrels and rolled out. I immediately felt something cold in my neck and I putted my hand in the air as a surrender.

"I know you so I also know your weaknesses and powers. This means that I could attack you. The move that I made would be a lot easier for you since you're more flexible than I am. If your enemy is unknown then you make the exact same move, but instead of going for their head, you will go for the door to escape. Got it?"

"Yes sir."

The so called 'memory', I think it was one at least, faded away and I was in my earlier position.

I duct away for the incoming claw and did the move The Winter Soldier showed me.

I rolled from my position to the wall opposite of me and pushed myself away over the encounter. I wasn't thinking anymore, but did what felt natural for my body. I rolled over the floor to the other side of the wall and sat there vertically.

I crawled towards the ceiling and waited patiently. I observed his every move and his features.

The alien's face was as ugly as it could get. His head looked like a gigantic football that has been stretched from Texas to China. His arms looked like there were bones and nothing but a little skin. I couldn't see its eyes or face, but I knew for sure that those would be just as ugly.

I sat in silence. The creature cautiously walked out of the store, step by step, while looking around for me. Luck was on my side as he didn't look up at the ceiling. It walked out of the store and I was alone again.

I waited and waited and the time was slowly passing by. When I was sure that no creatures were around, I dropped down to the floor.

I kind of know my location now so I can start searching. I stepped outside and I started searching in different buildings that were still intact. I took of my mask so I could hear people call for help or breath if I approached any wreckages.

One tower in particular attracted my attention. The tower wasn't the most exciting part, but the wreckage that had fallen on top of it. I shoved some ash of the metal. There was a weird yet familiar symbol on it. It was some kind of hawk with a circle surrounding it.

The ash that I shoved off came from the ground back in place. I took steps back just like before.

"Here we go again."