Chapter 32

{ Tony Stark }

| Location: Outside the S.H.I.E.L.D. Head Base |

| Date: 4-10-2019 |

| Time: 2.31 P.M. |

"What time is it at this exact moment?" Peter asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows, even though he couldn't see my expression.

"2.31 P.M. Why do you ask?" I questioned. Peter's eyes widened. Something inside his mind was scaring him.

"Peter?" I shook his body a bit, but I didn't had the feeling that he noticed. I raised my voice. "PETER!" His head slowly turned to me. Tears streamed down his face.

"What will happen?"

A loud bang sounded in the air. I looked around, searching for the source. My arms were still strongly around Peter, but the body felt limp. My eyes wandered over the horizon, scanning for a clue.

I turned back to Peter. I wish I didn't.

Peter hang limbly in my arms, the crimson red fluid flowing from his forehead. His eyes were as cold as ice and all the life was drained.

"No... no this can't be real," I slowly came closer to the ground. "there is no way this happens again." I laid Peter down and I removed my suit.

I looked up at the sky, to the sun who was shining brightly, to the white fluffy cloud drifting by at their own tempo. "Is this what you want," I screamed at the atmosphere above me. "For me to be all alone again? Are you happy now? Huh? DOES THIS MAKE YOU HAPPY?! Seeing me suffer by losing everything around me?" I cried out.

I wouldn't care if camera's took pictures, if they kept screaming for answers. It didn't matter anymore, because my boy was gone.

Large muscles surrounded my body, pressing my back against their backs. I didn't bother to look up, my gut told me that it was Steve, thanks to the huge muscles. He started whispering encouraging words in my ears as we both cried together.

"Maybe I'm just meant to be alone." I whispered to myself. "I wasn't ready to say goodbye yet. I let you down when I needed you the most, just like my father did."

"Tony, don't say that. You know that Peter understood what you did was to protect him. And I'm not going anywhere. I will always stand by your side." I abruptly stood up and turned to Steve.

"You know that with our jobs that always doesn't exists and I'm sick of it!" I yelled. "Then I suggest we quit, leave this life behind and start over again." Steve suggested. "We will never be the same again after all of this and Peter will, for as long as we live, be in our hearts."

I looked into his eyes. They were filled with sorrow and tears streamed down his cheeks. The light of the sun made the wet streams twinkle in it's light. It wasn't fair. Life around us just went on like nothing happened, while my world was breaking down. My only light being Steve.

"Let's get inside. There is nothing we can do anymore."

"No, I'm not giving up! The killer is still out there, just like the kidnappers. They are going to pay first before I can rest." A soft slap on my cheek made me look at Steve.

"Tony, you can't do that. Peter wouldn't want you to do that." My temper was getting worse. "How do you know what is good for me?!"

"Because I'm your husband and I have been through the same thing. I lost myself and it was hard to get myself back together. I know that it will take time, but you got to let it rest." He picked Peter from the ground, his tears dripping from his face onto Peter's lifeless body.

I silently walked after him towards the entrance, mourning my only son.

0xXx0

{ Unknown }

| Location: Unknown |

| Date: Unknown |

| Time: Unknown |

"Your plan has worked, sir. The job is done and no one came after me."

"Good job soldier. Now that they think the kid is dead, we can use the improved version of him."

"May I ask why he was sent on the mission sir?"

"They won't suspect that we already had the information about cloning. The clone we sent apparently wasn't ready yet, but the alternative was a great option. And now that the real deal is the only thing left, we can use it for our purpose, but he will only be used for emergencies. You way take it with you to your pod."

Well guys this was it! This is the end of this book and I'm leaving it here. Thanks for staying with me.

 Thanks for staying with me