Chapter 20

{ Peter Parker }

| Location: Test Lab |

| Date: 4-10-2019 |

| Time: 11.12 A.M. |

"So why exactly am I wearing this?" I asked as I looked down on a red and blue suit with a little spider on it. The mask that came with it wasn't itchy or anything like that. My vision was advanced, but my hearing was muffled.

"It is because we are doing some practising and researching. It will just be some training scenarios that we train for, but I made a few adjustments so it's reasonable to your abilities and skill." Bruce spoke through the microphone.

He and Tony were standing behind a double reinforced glass wall where many monitors were hanging all over the wall.

I, on the other hand, stood in the middle of a round room. You could see tech hang on different places and they followed your every move as if they could shoot you down any minute. It made my skin crawl when I thought about it.

"Whenever you're ready Peter."

"Let's get this over with."

The whole room around me changed to something that looked like a warzone. It was placed in a city, but instead of beautiful buildings that shimmered in the sun, there stood grey and destroyed towers. Ash flew around and whirled down on my face.  

I took a step forwards and I heard a crushing sound beneath my feet. I watched as the white crushed colours of the bone I stepped on came of my feet. Skulls and bones filled the floor and I couldn't help, but feel sad for the people that would have lived here, even though I knew in the back of mind my mind that none of it was real.

"Good morning sir." I jumped when I heard the robotic voice.

"My name is Jarvis and I am an AI. I will explain a bit about the situation." He took a small pause.

"You are standing in New York City. The city has been attacked by intergalactic creatures with no known weakness. The greatest heroes have failed to save the city and you are all that is left. The citizen had to hide and the enemies are swarming around the city. Your objective is to find the citizen that are spread across the city and bring them to safety."

"Find citizen that are hidden across the city. Got it." I muttered to myself.

"Good luck sir. You have 5 minutes to come up with a strategy."

There were a few thing already ringing through my head. I would have to avoid the enemies since they have no known weakness and I won't have time to look for it. I have no idea where I am standing so I have to look for anything that would give me something about this place called New York City. Those were my main priorities at the moment. 

"Your time starts now sir." Jarvis' voice rung through the whole town.

I sprinted towards the best looking building, which could be a café or a snack bar. As long as it was something that worked with humanity.

There were not as many bones as outside so I didn't have to hear the sickening sound of crushing, but it also felt satisfying somehow. Tables were thrown upside down and seats had giant holes in it.

Papers were half burned and spread on the ground.

I picked the most readable of the ground.

Shawarma Palace

North-

I couldn't read the rest of the paper since that was probably somewhere hidden under ashes or maybe it was ash. I didn't know and I didn't care. I got a clue as to where I am.

If this is in the North East or West than I should work my way towards the South. Maybe, if fate was with me, I could find some people from around here and they could help me with finding the way in the city.

A loud inhuman screech came from outside and I jumped over the bar out of instinct. I made myself as small as possible and I leaded against the encounter. My breathing slowed down just like my heartbeat and it I thought for a moment that it stopped, because it was going so slow, but I didn't do anything about it.

The sound of crushing bones filled the quiet room as the creature walked further in the shop.

Let's just say that I'm giving my opinion on this, but goddammit that smell is horrible. Imagine standing near a volcano which smells like rotten eggs and sulphur, the usual odour, with a mix of a dead decaying animal, something like a deer or wolf, and then, for the tip of the iceberg, it rolled through the sewers.

I was about to puke when it entered. And that isn't a joke. I made a retching sound.

"I'm doomed."

I made a promise to myself ( and now also to you) that I will update at least ones a week

I made a promise to myself ( and now also to you) that I will update at least ones a week. I hope I will keep this promise and give you content. 

This fanfiction reached a total of 15344 words. Yay! I love you all

BYE