Chapter 23

{ Tony Stark }

| Location: Control Room ( Test Lab ) |

| Date: 4-10-2019 |

| Time: 11.12 A.M. |

Bruce booted the program up as soon as Peter said the magic words. The virtual remake of New York came into view. We were dead in that reality, killed in battle by aliens. It's disappointing, because I can't eat any shawarma or be the brilliant playboy that I am.

We kept watching his progress. He walked into a familiar shawarma store and my stomach immediately started to rumble.

"I could get you something to eat if you want to Tony." Bruce said.

"No thanks, I will ask Happy to get me my shawarma, because we don't have that at home." I replied. I took my phone out of my pocket and sent him a message.

I glanced up from my screen and saw Peter behind an encounter. His back was pressed the cabinet.

"His heartrate is extremely slow. His breathing is also slowed. This isn't usual for a normal human. Peter stayed in that same position a bit longer and the alien creature thingy came closer to my son.

His nostrils moved a bit and I knew that he smelled the alien. His mouth opened and his body made a small move forwards.

I pitied him. I had smelled them myself and I thought about cutting off my nose. The scenery didn't come close to what our simulation was like. We had more life in it and it's less depressing.

I zoned-out and the next thing I knew was that the alien's claw came towards Peter's face. He ducked under it and did a manoeuvre that I never saw before. Hisface became grimmer the longer he was in the virtual world. Theinnocent eyes disappeared almost as soon as Bruce and I started the program. 

Peter apparently got more control over his powers, or at least one of them, as he silently sits on the ceiling of the place. The creature beneath him didn't suspect a thing.

The alien left and Peter did the same after he was sure the coast was clear.

A tiny pling sound erupted from my pocket and I fished my phone out. It was a message from Happy. He said that he had the shawarma for me and Bruce and he was about to walk in, but didn't knew if it was a bad time. I texted him back that it was no problem and that he could come in.

The door swung open and there stood happy with a bag filled with delicious food. I took the bag from him and he walked out of the room. I took my part of the food and left the rest of it for Bruce.

I munched loudly to annoy my fellow scientist. He made a face of disgust and stuck his tongue out towards me.

I looked back at the screen to see Peter wiping the dust of the Shield logo. Peter kept staring for over a minute before he started moving again. He avoided the whole town completely and went straight past people in need.

"What is he doing Tony? Which way is he going?" Bruce asked me, but I had no answers to his questions.

"He is going towards Midtown East. For as far as I know, there should only be warehouses with supplies on that coast." I told Bruce as I watched with interest.

Peter started to sprint through the streets. His head would snap from left to right as he ran past buildings. So he knows that he avoided the people stuck under ruins. I knew for sure that Capsicle wouldn't be so happy if he saw what he's doing. Steve always told him to help people as best as he could, no matter the cost.

"Watch this Tony!" Bruce said while pointing at the screen.

Peter climbed one of the buildings and jumped from roof to roof. It definitely wasn't the same boy that we had in containment cell yesterday. He had more confidence in what he was doing as if he had his powers under control for years.

How long did he have those powers without me and Steve knowing about it? What made him keep secrets about them?

It actually made me sad thinking about it. My own son didn't trust me enough to know something as big as having the same abilities as spiders. Does that mean that I am a bad father? 

I have no idea if there is space for warehouses on the east side of Manhattan

I have no idea if there is space for warehouses on the east side of Manhattan. I'm not from America or Manhatten so I wouldn't know.

I want to wish you all a happy new year and the best wishes!

BYE