Chapter 26

{ Peter Parker }

| Location: Lab |

| Date: 4-10-2019 |

| Time: 1.56 P.M. |

I knew exactly where the weapons room was in this facility. I studied it for a long time after all. I was positioned in the lab. This would mean that I had to turn left towards the elevator, which should take me down to floor -13. Bad number, but it laid there. I needed to avoid cameras at all costs, so I could keep my cover. There's a probability that the elevator that goes beneath zero is guarded and there aren't any stairs that I could use. I would have to take out the guards if they stand there. If I get as far as that, then my chances of getting out of the base would rise dramatically and failure shouldn't come close. 

I only have one shot at this. If I failed right there then my mission would be over and ruined. My hopes of saving humanity destroyed. So I can't fail, I won't fail.

I looked at the clock. 1.58 P.M. I would have to go now if there was a shift change.

I ran out of the door as fast as I could, my eyes locked on the elevator door at the end of the hallway on my left. I shot a web at the elevator button so I could slide right into it and go downwards. The doors slowly opened as I came closer. I dove rolled in the elevator and stood up. I pressed the -13 button that stood displayed.

The door closed and I patiently waited to arrive at my destiny. The elevator music sounded awful. The singer rapped about something that I couldn't understand, because his voice was unclear. The beat sounded like shit and I cringed at the notes that he sang. I happily stepped out of the elevator and kicked the legs of the guard that apparently was supposed to guard.

He was on his own so I didn't had to knock out another guy. As the guy fell to the ground, I threw my arm around his throat, cutting his air off. When I felt the guy go limp, I let go of his body and laid him against the wall. He will be fine.

I sneaked further into the hallway, prepared to attack and even assassinate every living or death being. I passed different rooms with their function above the door. Pistols, grenades, machine guns, snipers, close combat and extraordinary weapons. Since my webshooters weren't one of the other categories it must be in the last one.

I hacked the secured lock and creaked the door open. I walked in step by step and marvelled at all the weapons. I saw enhanced bows, a trident, weird octopus arms, a lightsabre and my webshooters. There were so many weapons that I wanted to take them all, and I probably take the lightsabre to, but I knew that that would raise suspicion.

I did it anyway. Worth it. Who wouldn't want a lightsabre?

I snapped my webshooters on my wrist and pressed the tiny button that made them go invisible. Luckily, the lightsabre wasn't too big for me to carry unnoticed. I would have to sneak them to my room and then make an escape plan.

I hoped that the flashdrive stayed undiscovered so I could take it out when I left. Galaga Guy wouldn't betray me right? I betrayed him though, so I can't really count on him, but he was so into the game that it would go unnoticed for a while. I have been here since when again? 3 days? Not too long at least.

I ran back to the elevator when I was sure that I had everything. I passed the unconscious guy on the ground and waited impatiently for the elevator to come down. I kept tapping the ground with my foot until the elevator doors opened.

No alarmed had ringed and I deciphered the security easily when I came in so I also had no trouble with coming out. I stepped inside the elevator once the doors opened and pressed the button of the floor where the lab was located. As the doors opened I was greeted by Tony, Bruce, Steve and Natasha in full armour and with weapons.