Chapter 31

{ Peter Parker }

| Location: S.H.I.E.L.D. Head Base |

| Date: 4-10-2019 |

| Time: 2.28 P.M. |

I ducked behind one of the overturned tables when my head tingled, signalling something coming towards me. I pressed my back against the smooth white surface. A sharp arrow flew over my head into the wall in front of me.

I came out of my hiding spot. "Ha, You missed me!" I smiled at the smirking archer. Wait, smirking. That's not good.

"I never miss kid. I do serve as a distraction and while you laughed at me you didn't noticed a 220 pounds grown man running at you. Now, who will be laughing at your butt? That's right, it's me." I felt my sense saying to step out of the way, but Steve was already too close to avoid.

His tensed shoulder muscles rammed into me at full speed. His shoulder hit mine, but it didn't last long. I held my ground and let my shoulder fall backwards, my feet nailed to the ground. Steve was like a bull in videogames. It charged and could only stop himself against a solid object or he needed space to slowdown. In this situation he had neither. Well, he sort of had one.

My left foot stood slightly further from my body. Steve's foot got stuck behind mine and he tripped. He rolled over the floor, losing his momentum while doing so. This created an opening.

I sprinted to the computers. Arrows flew right and left as I swiftly dodged each and every one of them. Steve ran close behind me, but that wasn't a problem as I was faster than him.

I reached the row of computers with Steve close on my tail followed by Clint. The screen where Galaga-Guy was playing came into view. I just needed to check the back of the pc, see if the flashdrive is still in there. If yes, then get out of there as fast as I can. If no, then I would have to question staff. Let's just hope that it still there, because that would save me a lot of time.

My gut told me to take a step to the left. An arrow forced itself into the computer screen on my right as I kept running. Five more computers before the moment of truth. The moment that would decide if I finished the mission or not.

The computer was positioned on my right.

Four left.

Another arrow flew by me.

Three left.

Steve was getting closer as I lowered my speed.

Two left.

A broken screen with an arrowhead stuck in the glass

One left.

I turned the computer roughly around and immediately checked the place where the flashdrive was supposed to be. I saw the faded light out of the corner of my eye. That meant that it was still there!

I took the flashdrive in my head and ran straight towards the window at the end of the computer row. The light shone brightly outside, almost as if it wanted me out of here. More arrows shot passed me while I ran. Every step got me closer to the window.

I sprang through the glass, shards flying with me as I fell towards the ground. My body tumbled in every direction and I struggled with getting control of it.

I was finally in control and could get a good aim at the building which I jumped out of. I aimed my webshooters and was ready to fire them, but I suddenly stopped with falling. Strong metal arms held me tightly and pressed me against the chest of Iron Man.

"You may not remember anymore, but I will always see you as my son. I don't care how many people you kill in the future or killed in the past, I will always be there for you, unlike my father. I never wanted to be like him and give my own child a life like mine, but I guess that didn't turn out to well." I struggled against the grip. I didn't listen to the words he told me, the weren't meant for me.

"What time is it at this exact moment?" I asked out of nowhere.

"2.31 P.M. Why do you ask?" It slowly dawned upon me. My mission is over right now, nothing I could do to stop the upcoming event.

"Peter?" "PETER! Look at me." I slowly turned my head. My eyes were unfocused and a rather warm fluid ran over my cheeks.

"What will happen?" Tony asked, but I couldn't answer anymore.