imaginary friend [taekook]

kim taehyung has always been the loner type, liking his own company over being with others. but even then he still feels sad when he's alone at school or at home wishing he could have someone close, someone who he can always depend on. so that's why when he was 6 he made up jeon jungkook.

he had a whole backstory and was the perfect person, to taehyung anyways. he made tae feel less alone, him always being there for him. jeon jungkook was the best imaginary friend. he'd be there for when taehyung was sad and he'd always play and talk. he was the best. till one day... he vanished. taehyung came running home, it was his first day of high school and he was still talking to jungkook. "jungkook?" he called, but nothing was returned. you'd think taehyung  could just imagine he was there cause that's all he was, his imagination. but taehyung gave jungkook control and he had chosen to go. taehyung cried for hours that night.

the next school day was long, nothing but boringness being added to by sadness. that's what the whole year was like. a pain. it was the first day of his second year at high school, he was dreading it all through the holidays while he camped out in his bed until his mother forced him out. that was over now. he got ready then left for school. walking into the court yard of school made his stomach flip the anxiety that this place held came rushing into his body, he wished he could turn back. he watched as everyone around him laughed and reunited with old friends. he sighed and hung his head low, turning the volume of his music up.

he walked into class finding his usual seat, the other students came in a little later. the teacher started talking, but taehyung didn't care. but what did catch his interest was the teacher announcing a new student. he listened intently, he enjoyed new students coming, he got to watch what type of person they were and slot them into their friendship groups before it happened. the door opened, everyone turned to the new student standing there his head low. he shuffled to the front the teacher smiling kindly at him. she introduced him "this is jeon jungkook, new here from busan. i hope you all treat him kindly." the last words were a blur to taehyung, he was staring at the new kid, eyes wide in shock and mouth dry. the boy was looking around the room trying to ignore the stares of judgement from his new classmates. but he stopped when his eyes caught  taehyungs, his breath hitched.

'it's him.'