spring day [t.k]

jeon jungkook can't seem to find kim taehyung.

inspired by spring day.

requested by: @YeonHwa7012

—–

another crisp snowflake falls, landing on the combat boot of jeon jungkook. he watched it fall, he smiled.

it was days like this... that broke his heart.

the fresh breath of winter, the crisp snow and pink dusted noses. his heart felt frozen, shattered in its hold.

it was these days he remembers the most, the smiles and giggles, the cute bundled clothing. hot chocolates and movies under blankets when the weather was too cold.

he sighs, releasing his breath into the atmosphere.

he lifts his head from the now melted snow, the train approaching.

in the reflection he is sat, smiling out the window, glass fogged up from his happy breaths, he'd draw a heart or a smile.

now, it was cold and jungkook was alone.
no smiles, laughs or even warmth.

he felt the cold in his bones, the cold of being alone.

even after all this time; being used to this feeling wasn't something he could do.

how his life changed, how love was so present and people filled his day.

now, no one speaks to him. the people were there for him, not jungkook.

jungkook just came with him.

now he's gone, so too are the people.

like strangers in the street, never spoken before.

he misses him.

he misses his smiles, his warm embrace and eyes made of emotions.

that's why he's gone...

a laugh breaks his thoughts, his head snaps.

his mind adores the tricks it's plays.

one only can have such a unique and melodic laugh.

that one left with the snow, not to be returned in spring.

he had no idea what went through his mind that day, no recollection of how he felt.

one second he was here, the next gone with the train.

jungkooks smile, the one he once wore everyday never returned. it was never the same.

jungkook isn't sure what to feel, hate? sadness? relief?

jungkook knows where ever he is, he is safe.

happier.

even after all this time, jungkook still loves him.

even after 5 years, he hasn't moved on. jungkook doesn't plan to until he's heard something, anything about him.

"i miss you... kim taehyung."

saying his name brought hurt, an ache only taehyung brought. an ache only taehyung could remove, if only he returned.

if only...

he can only dream of what happened to his teenage love, he can only dream of the beautiful life taehyung lives now. because he does, he has too.

it's what he deserves.

his life is so full of negativity, a bundle of sadness. but when he creates the life taehyung lives, nothing but positivity shines through.

it's a beautiful picture of cherry blossoms and butterflies nothing but sunshine.

he can only hope.

the likelihood of his love returning was small, no news for five years.

both were now 22, their dreams of growing old together were getting greyer and greyer, the light dimming.

the train stops, more arrive.

none with a familiar face.

sometimes he hopes taehyung will step on and they'll be 17 again, so young and in love.

problems didn't seem to exist and the world was theirs. nothing could stop them.

but that was jungkooks perspective.

taehyung had his reasons, he left with a heart full of hurt.

jungkook blames himself... he could have stopped him.

if he talked, if he listened. if he didn't ignore taehyungs tears.

having the years to think, to process, he knows they weren't perfect. but all he can think about is how happy he was.

they were in love, but their minds were not ready.

"may i sit?"

jungkook doesn't look up, he just nods, eyes watching the snowy towns pass by in a blur.

"jungkook... look at me," the voice speaks, it's oddly familiar. close but not close enough.

he turns his head, eyes wide with surprise.

it was taehyungs brother.

living close, he sees him rather frequently. they never talk, however.

this was unusual.

his heart raced at an unstable pace, his hands clenched.

"h-he's been found..."

jungkooks heart stops, legs shaking ever so slightly.

"w-what.."

"taehyungs been found, alive."

-

700 words.

part 2?

(not really edited)