where am i? [t.k]

trigger warning, perhaps.
i'm not sure what part, but it could be to some.
to me a little.

-

soft lo-fi music sung through out the small studio apartment. though an underlying eerie-ness hit the ear drums with a creep up his spine. it felt as if he was alone in the world. completely. as if the population was wiped out by such sounds being released through the speakers. the awkward static that played as the music stuttered through the melody, was shivering.

even though, through the large open windows he could still hear the sound of tires on the road and the soft feet of those walking down below, it still felt as if he was completely alone. like the world had over grown and outside the apartment was all green with moss, vines growing up the side of decaying buildings. grass cracked through the tar surfaced planet with intent of beautiful greenery once again.

he knew it wasn't good for his mind, to freak him self out as he was doing. but he felt lost with out this feeling of constant loneliness, the constant feeling of creeping leaves brushing his skin as he walks daintily through his home. the soft fabric of the shirt he wore brushes his shoulders as it slips further down. the alone moments of serenity when he could feel, hear and touch all his surroundings with genuine awareness, not just walking through life in the eyes of another person but he was actually in his own body. not just living out his own life like memories of a movie he once watched. it was thrilling and although the sound track to his most awake moments chilled his bones, creeped his spine and made him utterly paranoid, he felt real.

it was like his whole life was inspired by his fears, what scares him, chills him and freaks him out to the end of his rope. he was an artist, painting multiple inspired pieces by the music genre, adding in the creeping plants and the harsh rays of sun that melted the window panels, the heat sticking to his skin like glue. he would make faces with the long leaves of greenery, ones with dark eyes that petrified people and smiles of death. though each painting he created by hand sent him spiralling into fear each guided by soft, slow beats of eerie lo-fi music and uncomfortable static.

he felt real.
he felt real things, real feelings that people do. he felt human. it was addictive the fear, the knowing that he could still feel something in his bones. that his heart wasn't just beating to circulate blood around his body but was beating out of anxiety, creating mass adrenaline though his veins. his days not just one big blur of memories of someone living his life through a movie.

and he finds fear in small things now. the smallest of edges he'd prick his finger on and grow a fear of, to feel like he was human.

he lived passionless until he met fear. he lived in a world where the sky was grey no matter how blue it was. he lived in dread of living fully and with fear, he grew a love for art.

the door to his apartment opened, turning off the chilling sounds of lo-fi. turning off his mind from the loneliness he felt, turning off the human he felt. his eyes shifted to who was there.

standing in the sunlight, bathing in the beauty the rays gave him. the bone of his cheek glowing sharply as his shadow elongated on the floor before him.

and with a snap of the lights, taehyung was brought back to the real world.

the same four walls of white, the bed that lays cold in the room. a small window looking outwards onto the street.

he turns to look at jungkook, the usual who came to see him. tae likes to think they're in love. really though, he was only doing what he's paid for.

"you're in your head again taehyung," jungkook reminds. walking into the room, he cleans the mess on the floor. the scattered sketch books and pens.

"i'd like to go back please," tae says softly, heartbreakingly almost, never taking his eyes off the outside world. he hasn't felt the fresh air in months.

jungkook isn't sure if he means his head or in reality.

tae isn't sure either.
it's all the same really.

-

i gave no description at the start, i just didn't know what to say.

i'm not sure what this is. kinda a mix of how i feel, i think.
i forced myself to listen to lo-fi , which does freak me out a little.

if u have any ideas of what this could be, pls i'd love to hear them. in anyway u want to tell me.
it could be anything.

this is more of a drabble thingy rather than an actual plot, i would like to expand more. but i'm quite pleased with this writing and want to put it up anyway. i do hope this gets some attraction.

i was actually working on a book about "fear" but i ended up too triggered and cried that night trying to write. maybe another time.

thanks for reading <3
i appreciate you all.