the reason i hate you, makes me love you. [y.m]

where park jimin "hates"min yoongi.

and taehyung uses this as his science experiment.

yoonmin.
-
a slow voice singing soothing words mixing with delicate melodies plays softly in the back ground, over taken by the murmured chatter of highschoolers and memory dwellers.

he lets out a sigh and sits up straighter, before sipping further on his half full milkshake.
"i don't know tae..." he turns to his best friend, diner chair swivelling with a creak. "your hypothesis sounds unfulfilled, unrealistic!" he chimes with great enthusiasm, he pulls his straw out of the glass and points it towards the man in question, strawberry milkshake slowly dripping over the edge.

"really?" taehyung raises an eyebrow, "you've perked up mood wise, your posture is better and there's a raise in your eyebrows," he focuses in on his face, the undramatic changes tell what words don't. you just have to look out for it. tae jots these changes down in his little book.

jimin blushes ever so slightly, he darts his straw back to his drink and begins inhaling the milkshake like a vacuum cleaner. taehyung chuckles lightly, writing something else down.

it's the small details that give away the biggest of secrets. the eye glances could be enough for one person, but delving in deep is what gives you a whole new perspective of thoughts.

the unconscious things our subconscious does.
a raise in the lip, a twitch in the eye.
the big things paint a blurry image while the small details paint a masterpiece.

"tae..."

"yes?"

"i hate him you know, a-and he hates me too,"

"we'll see,"

-

it's the unknown that makes us certain.
the unknown or perhaps the unwillingness to let anything change or even venture into change.
we're certain we hate this or that, with out even knowing what lies beyond the fog, what we 'hate' is a cover for fear. the fear of the ocean is replaced with 'i hate the ocean''. it's a protective barrier to keep you safe from what you think you know.

he hates min yoongi.
he's afraid of venturing further into the fog.

"he's so frustrating!" jimin throws himself backwards onto his bed, toeing at the tight boots on his feet. taehyungs feet prance around the dark wood floor, until he sits on the bed.

he says nothing, knowing it holds no value as of now. instead, he waits for jimin to continue with his rant.

"he embarrassed me in front of my whole english class! he was in the library looking for a book while my class were on the computers," he turns onto his stomach and grabs a snack out of his bag. he passes the sweet bag to taehyung.

" and i saw him talking to the librarian, i didn't think he saw me so i got up to grab a book that was important to my project and he followed me!" he sounds frustrated, but not in the 'stop this living hell' more as give me more. taehyung takes a sweet out of the bag, chewing softly.

"when i was oblivious to him following me he scared me! and i screamed, properly screamed taehyung!!" he grabs his best friends leg embarrassed, and shoves his face in the fabric of taehyungs school trousers. "i was so embarrassedddd and to make it even worse! he grabbed me and hugged me forcefully!" taehyung cant tell if jimin is blushing red with anger or with bubbling love.

"your hypothesis is wrong!"

they both like each other, but they hide in with in the hate. they lean to each other for physical affection, such as scaring him to hug him.
they're afraid of letting their guards down and so have built up a wall of hate instead of  confronting their feelings of love.
it's been done before, a cliché.