you were supposed to heal me [taekook]

jungkook works in a sketchy music shop, where he meets love of his life; taehyung.

this is my take on a gangster au.
i hope it's good enough.

contains,
- perhaps light smut
- swearing
- mentions of death (light, like so very light)

-

the sunday morning drizzle never brought customers in, especially not where they were located. record shop was old, built in the 70s era before the bustling rock and roll sensation. that's when this now vintage store was popular.

the area turned sketchy over time, more and more businesses going bankrupt and wooden slabs bordering up shops. unless you had dark business to deal with, no one dared to walk the broken roads. the lane was famous in the town, each hardcore teenager took two steps in before daggers were - metaphorically - thrown in their eyes.

that's why jungkook liked his job. he's alone, with no one daring to walk into the shop. it was ... 'easy' money. at the start it was anyway.
with no customers and a shop full of vintage music jungkook laid back and seemed to relax for a living. letting the cobwebs collect and lights flicker till they sizzled out.

so sunday mornings weren't so bad, not when he had a stack of cash in his hands and an empty-

jingle~~

on instinct he snapped his head up, eyes scanning the mysterious person. he's new.

he has no scars, tattoos, burns, cuts or bruises. he's soft looking with an innocent smile and cherry blossom cheeks. he wears rose pink glasses for a soul.

jungkook audibly scoffs, eyes narrowing in on the boy. he has no real reason to be here, no rights to walk the street. he can't help but scowl at the smile this boy wears, watching his finger trail albums and pick up dust.

"can i help you?" he says, creeped out by the constant pair of judging eyes.

jungkook looks him up and down, "can i help, you?" he lowers his voice, adds a slur and cracks his neck. intimation game.

his glass shatters, when the boy giggles. jungkooks ears on fire, "you're silly! that's what i asked you! you were staring and it was creepy," he giggles on and on, face laced with joy. no trace of fear or dread.

jungkook scoffs though, cracking his clear knuckles, "me? silly?!" he hisses venomously, "i'm anything but silly, sweetheart." he moves from behind the counter, striding slowly with each word he says, face cold with a tooth sunk into his lip.

there maybe a crack in the glass but his intimidation game stays strong.

but the boy looks at him with all the pretty flowers in the world, dazed and amazed. "i've never been called sweetheart before..." he mumbles shyly, blossom cheeks blooming. his mouth is agape ever so slightly, a puppy dog innocence so hard to ignore.

"w-wha..." jungkook pauses, he's never not intimidated someone before. he's never not used that name and the victims never not turned into a puddle of fear and submission. he feels destroyed. he stares with so much confusion, at the boy who looks with twinkling eyes with long pretty eyelashes.

"no. no! you're meant to be scared! knees quivering with fear! why aren't you scared?!" he says through gritted teeth his frustration growing with every word, watching the bashful boy smile.

"because you're not scary, you're just lost."

and that's how he met his boyfriend, kim taehyung.