Blind Dating

"Aren't you happy you got to come and enjoy the fresh air?" Emma says twirling as we walk down the busy down town street. The store fronts and bars light up the street as well as the car and street lights. This city feels so alive.

"I mean it wasn't a bad decision." I say taking a deep breath of the crisp night air. I look up to the sky not being able to see a single star. My phone vibrates in my pocket distracting me from my disappointment. My face must change expression cause Emma catches it. "Who's that?" She asks leaning over to look at my phone, which I calmly close and place back in my pocket. "Nobody really." I answer her. "Your smile says differently." She smirks.

"Okay when I say that I mean it, well not entirely. It's complicated. Ive never met him in person and we 'met' because he texted the wrong number." I say out of breath. My pace slows down and I look at my shoes. Converse. I look back up at Emma who looks confused and yet she looks like she completely understands everything I just said. "You're falling for him aren't you?" She looks curious. I shrug. I look at my phone smiling at the notification.

I get home at about 11:30 completely wired. I won't be going to sleep anytime soon. I pull out my phone.

Me - hey

Ty - Hey! How was your night?

Me - it was alright.

Ty - You make it sound like it wasn't good.

Me - it wasn't bad but I think I would've rather just gone for a walk and then come back to watch a movie.

Ty - You really just want to watch a movie.

Me - yeah, I really do.

Ty - You going to do that now?

Me - probably. hey I have a question for you.

Ty - Okay, shoot.

Me - do you think it's possible for someone to fall for someone they have never met.

Ty - Yeah, I do.

Me - okay.

Ty - Why do you ask?

Me - if I tell you promise not to thunk of me differently?

Ty - I promise.

Me - I think I'm falling for you...

Ty - That makes two of us.

My eyes go wide and I have to read it a few times to actually believe what I just read.

Me - wait really?

Ty - Yeah..

Me - do you think it's weird we've never met?

Ty - Maybe a little but I mean people do this sort of thing all the time. The whole blind dating thing that is.

Me - you've got a point there.

Ty - Yeah, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with what we are feeling. In fact we're actually falling for each other with out physical attraction playing a part.

Me - very true.

Ty - so what does this make us?

Me - blind dating?

Ty - Dating?

Me - well not actually dating.

Ty - :(

Me - what?

Ty - I was hoping you would actually say we were.

Me - oh..?

Ty - Is that a problem?

Me - well I mean we haven't been talking for very long.

Ty - So?

Me - well shouldn't we meet or video chat or call before we do this more serious?

Ty - Yeah I guess so...

Me - what's the problem?

Ty - Well once you see what I look like this isn't going to be the same.

Me - what would make you think that?

Ty - FaceTime me right now and you will find out.

Me - right now?

Ty - Well yeah..

Me - but what if you don't like what I look like physically?

Ty - I doubt that could ever happen.

Me - Ty are you sure you are ready for this?

Just as I hit send my phone begins to vibrate and suddenly my face fills the screen with the words on top saying 'Tyler would like to FaceTime'. I gulp and slowly hit accept. My face shrinks to the corner and the words 'connecting' appear. The longest 5 seconds of my life. And then his side connects and there is a black room.

"Okay if I turn on this light you have to promise me that things aren't going to change." His voice sounds so familiar, but its distant so I can't put my finger on it.

"I promise Ty." I can hear a quiet laugh from the other side of what must be his room. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing I just like knowing what your voice sounds like saying my name." He finishes and suddenly the lights are on. But he isn't in sight. "You absolutely promise." The more he pushes the more anxious I get. And then I remember the day that he messaged me instead of his friend Josh. It hits me all at the same as he still hides off camera, waiting for my answer. "Tyler I already know." I say with a giggle.

"Know what?" He sounds confused. "Ty I know who you are." I say and he slowly comes onto the screen confirming what I already knew.

"How?" He asks, his eyes are soft. I giggle. "How many Tyler and Josh's are there that are best friends and live in Ohio, and just so happen to travel together." I laugh and he smirks.

"I completely forgot that I messaged you instead of Josh." I says with a smile, which makes my heart flutter. "So what do you think?" He asks.

"Well yeah I'm a fan of your music but that doesn't mean that I'm going to treat you any different. You are still a human. You are still just Tyler Joesph when the stage lights are off. Your band and your fame doesn't define you as a person. Your personality does." I answer and he has the biggest grin on his face.

"I think we are going to be just fine." He says making me smile this time. We talk for a couple of hours until I almost fall asleep while still on the phone with him. Which he politely told me to get some sleep and we ended the call. I close my eyes and think t o myself. How did this end up happening. I am talking to Tyler Joesph in a romantic stand point. It just boggles my mind that he would ever have even seen me at a concert, but accidentally texting me and something coming out of that. Now that I thought was surely impossible.