The Drive

I hand the ink covered pages of paper to my professor and begin to walk out of the class. Tyler will be at my house by now waiting to start the drive to Ohio. I quickly walk to my parked car and make my way through the traffic of daily commuters to my apartment. When I get there I check to see if my spare key was moved and sure enough it's not in the same exact spot. I walk in and see a sleeping Tyler on my couch. I set my stuff at the door and quietly go upstairs to grab my suit cases. When I bring them down Ty is up scrolling through his phone. 

"Hey you're up." I say setting my suitcases down and walking over to him. He stands meeting me half way, his arms engulf me in a hug and I am immediately taken over by his familiar and comforting sent. 

"You all set?" He asks not letting go. I shake my head into his chest, in his ams is the only place want to be right now. "Do you need to pack anything else?" His voice is low but almost sounds concerned. I shake my head again. "No, I just want to stay here for a second." I say to him holding him a little tighter.

"I'd love to stay here all night but we need to leave if we're going to get to the hotel tonight." He says and I frown letting my arms drop to my side. I walk over to my suit cases and pick up one in each hand. Tyler grabs his two and we go out to load my car. I set mine down at the tailgate and walk up to lock the door and grab my purse. Once my door is locked I go out to meet Ty who is already sitting in the passenger side. 

"You ready for this?" He asks me taking my hand is his, I smile at him. "Yes I am." And with that, I start the car and begin to drive to Ohio. It's not long until we are met with the boarder security. 

"Hello, ma'am." I cringe at the young officer's words. "And where are we traveling today?" He asks as I hand him Tyler's and my own passport. "Ohio." I answer. "That's nice. What for?" He asks me. "To visit family." 

He looks from me to Tyler. "Are you the lead singer of Twenty One Pilots?" He asks Ty. "Yes sir, I am." Tyler smiles proudly. "Well you better be on your way." He says handing me back the passports. "Have a good trip." He winks at me. I resume our drive, "That was really weird." I glance over at Ty who is just staring out his window. "What's wrong?" I ask him. "That guy was totally flirting with you." He says to me. "Ty don't be silly, he was just being nice." I reply to him my eyes on the road. "Then why would he wink at you?" His question does have a valid point but I doubt it's anything. "I don't know maybe he has turrets or something. You are putting too much thought into this its so trivial." I say to him. "Good to know that another man flirting with you is a trivial manner." He mumble and crosses his arms. "Why are you bing so dramatic Ty? I'm with you remember and there is no one else in the world that I would rather be with." I say my voice a little harsh. 

"Wait... You really mean that?" He asks me, I glance over at him again. "Of course Ty." I can see him smile out of the corner of my eye, and it transfers over to my face. I get him to plug my phone in and play my playlists. We sing along to the first couple songs and that's when I know the rest of this trip is going to be a breeze.