I'm Yours

I'm not sure how long I have been laying in bed. I feel so numb, like someone punched a hole through my chest. The girls words were a slap in the face by reality. Feelings and thoughts I have been repressing for so long all flooding back, they took over me. I feels like I'm not in my own body. I know Tyler is holding onto me but I can't feel him. I lay there sobbing quietly, wishing that sleep would just take over me. Tyler's voice floats in the air but I can't really make out what he is staying. Just want this to be over, to go back to the coffee shop and turn the other way so we never saw the girls. So the girl who harassed me never saw me in the first place. I want to go back to the feeling of Tyler telling me he loved me. "Y/N? Are you okay?" His words finally come together in my head. I get the strength to roll over to face him. Shake my head 'no' as I still can't speak through my sobs. "Hey, it's okay I'm right here." He says pulling me into his chest. I feel the warmth of his body begin to seep into me. I want to hug him back but nothing happens when I try to move my arm. I lay there frozen again, however, I can now make sense of Tyler's coos. "It's going to be okay. I'm not going anywhere and I will never let anyone hurt you ever again." He murmurs in my ear as he strokes my hair. Very slowly I begin to calm down and the sobbing stops. I look at Tyler's shirt and it's absolutely soaked. "I'm sorry." I choke out. "Hey, hey, hey it's okay. It'll dry. The thing that really matters is if you are okay." I self assess when he finishes and I think I'm kind of okay. "Yeah, I think so." I answer quietly. "What happened?" He asks and I just shake my head and burry my face in his chest. "It's okay baby we can talk about it later." The word 'baby' makes me shiver and I grow a little warmer. "I love you." He says to me. "I love you too." I mumble into his chest. He starts singing to me and I begin to relax. My eyes begin to grow heavy and I doze off in the safety of his arms. 

I wake up a few hours later, still in Tyler's arms. "How was your nap?" He asks me. "Very needed." I answer and he chuckles. "I bet that was a long ass panic attack." He says hugging me tighter, his embrace makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. "I don't want you to let go." I thoughts come out of my mouth and I feel him kiss the top of my head. "I promise you I will be there for you not matter what." His words make me begin to cry again. "Oh hun please don't cry." He says to me. "I'm sorry." I say wiping my tears away, "I've just never had someone want me like you do." I say and he looks at me with soft eyes. "Well I promise you I'm not going anywhere. I'm yours." 

A knock at the door breaks our moment and Ty looks at me for approval, I nod in response. "Come in." He says and Maddy and Zack are standing in the door both of them have something in hand. They come in and take a seat on the end of the bed. "I brought you some tea." Maddy says handing me a mug with a cozy on it. I take the mug and look down at the pick steaming liquid. I take a sip and my tastebuds are immediately satisfied. "It's berry something. I can't remember the actual name." She says and I giggle. "It's really good thanks Maddy." I say to her and she smiles. Zack then hands me a plate overflowing with chocolate chip cookies. "I know Ty love these when he is having a bad day. So I was hoping you would like them too." Ty takes the plate so I don't spill the tea and places it on my lap. "Thank you so much guys you really didn't need to do this for me." I say to them and they both smile. "Yes we did you are Tyler's girl, and you're kinda like our sister." Zack says to me and I smile so wide my face hurts. "You really think so?" I ask them. "Yeah of course. And given the way Ty looks at you we know that he is not letting you go."Maddy answers and my cheeks heat up. "We've never connected with someone the way we connect with you. You are the only girlfriend that Ty has had that we actually like." Zack says and we all laugh. 

We sit eating cookies and talking for a while, just talking about their childhoods. Then the question I was dreading pops up. "So y/n tell us about your childhood." Zack says before stuffing a cookie in his mouth. I gold and. look down at my almost empty tea. "Oh you don't want to hear about me." I try to brush off the subject. "No please I'd love to know what growing up in Canada was like." Maddy says in-between bites. I go silent for a second. "That's what the girl was talking about wasn't it?" Tyler asks me. I nod and a tear slides down my cheek. "Oh hun down cry. You. don't have to tell us. Just pretend we didn't even ask." Maddy says reaching over and taking my hand in hers. "I'm sorry we brought it up, but just know if you ever want to talk to us about it we are going to be here for you." Zack says and I smile. "Thanks man." I say and the two of them collectively get up and grab the empty dishes. "Thanks again you two you guys are awesome." I say as they walk over to the door. "You're welcome kid." Zack says and they close the door behind them. 

"I guess I have some explaining to do then." I say to him and breathe in hard before starting.