You Make Me Feel Safe

It's my last day with Tyler and Josh and I'm already dreading going back. I'm sitting on the couch, on the bus, with my Mac on my lap typing away a few pages away from finishing my final thesis. Josh walk up beside me taking a seat at the table. "You know that he is really sad you have to go back." His words cut through me and I stop typing abruptly. "I am too.." I mumble. "Then stay." He says to me, which I just kinda scoff at. "Josh, not to be an ass, but in a practical stand point drops out of school to follow a boy. He is in a band that is growing tremendously fast and will probably forget about me in no time once I leave." I say, my eyes being to sting but I resume typing in hopes to rid the faint tears beginning to form. "Y/N, he could never forget about you. You are so unique, completely unlike any other person I've ever met. And Tyler would be absolutely stupid if he were to let you go." He says, a nervous smile slowly spreads across my face but I keep my eyes glued on the keyboard as I furiously type. 

It's not long 'till Tyler joins us. He comes over and sits on the other side on the small bench, picking up my legs and setting them back down on his lap instead of the cushion. "Morning." He says to me. "Hi." I respond barely over a whisper. "What's wrong?" He asks me, a concerned look written on his face. "It's nothing really." I answer as I continue to type. He must see that I really don't want to talk about it cause he doesn't push; he just starts up a conversation with Josh as I continue to finish my writing. 

A few hours later we are at the final Europe spot of the tour I will be attending. The boys get out of the bus and lead me to their dressing rooms. I bring my laptop and sit on the couch in Ty's room to finish up the last couple pages. He gets changed from his sweats into black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt with the sleeves cut off. I love that shirt cause is shows his tattoo's. I didn't even realize I was staring at him until he speaks. "Enjoying the view?" He says, his voice sassy and yet insecure. "How could I not?" I ask rhetorically, he rolls his eyes in responds to my witty comment and comes to sit beside me. "Don't you have soundcheck soon?" I ask as he lays his head on my thigh, I set my laptop to the side and his eyes flutter closed. "Yeah, but I have time." He says, "Besides Josh will come get me." I smile down at him and run my fingers through his hair. "Okay." I says and sit there with him, before the moment is broke with an eager Josh. I swear he is like a puppy. "Ty you ready for soundcheck?" He asks. Ty just groans and turns to burry his face into me. I giggle and comb his hair with my fingers. "Ty you gotta go do sound check." I tell him. He opens his eyes to look at me, they pled for me to give in and let him stay. "Tyler go get it done and then come back before the show." I say to him with a smile which he huffs at and slowly makes his way to Josh. "Dude, she isn't going anywhere." He says, patting him on the back. Tyler looks at me and I give him a smile. I grab my laptop and begin to work on what I have left. I finish my paper and set my laptop off to the side and lay down on the couch trying to take a little nap before the show. I swear I haven't slept this entire trip. 

I wake up to Tyler gently shaking my shoulder. "Hey, there she is." I look around to see if Josh is in the room but I don't see him. "What time is it?" I ask trying to find my phone. I see it on the edge of the table in front of me. "7:30." He answers. I jump off the couch almost knocking Tyler off with me. "You are supposed to be on soon." I say to him in a panic. "Yeah it's fine." He says taking my hand in his and rubbing the top of it to clam me down. "I was thinking you could watch it from back stage so you don't have to worry about people recognizing you." He says his eyes focused on our hands. "Absolutely not." I say, making him look up at me in shock. "I am not missing your incredible show just in fear of being recognized." I say with a smile, that grows onto his face as well. "Well then I'll grab a security guard to take you out there." 

***

I'm laying in Tyler's bunk on the bus, just cause I was too lazy to climb up to mine. He is still in the venue with Josh. I lay there on my phone mindlessly scrolling my headphones in just thinking about the plane ride that awaits me tomorrow. I think about what is going to happen now that Tyler will be on the road again and I'm going to have to focus more on school. I don't realize that I'm crying until my breath gets shaky. I finally found something so good and I'm about to lose it. I try to regain my composure incase he come on the bus but it's no use I'm now having a small panic attack so I quickly jump out of his bunk and fly into mine hoping no one was on the bus to see me. I lay with my face toward the wall so no one can see. I don't know how long it's been that I got in here but someones hand on my back makes me jolt and I'm unsure if I should turn or keep my back to them. I just stay frozen for a second, until I feel the hand rub my hair and accidentally knock out my headphone. "Are you okay, love?" Tyler's sweet voice coo's and then I'm a hot mess. I know I can't look at him because I don't want him to see my crying. I hate my own family seeing me cry. "Hey what's the matter?" He asks as soon as a little sob escapes my mouth. But even if I wanted to I can't answer, my vocal cords don't want to work. I just grab my phone and text him.

Me - it's dumb

"I bet it's not." He says allowed.

Me - i'm having a panic attack. 

"Come here. Please so I can help you." He places a hand on my hip.

Me - i don't want you to see me cry

"Y/n I don't care. I just want to help you through this." I slowly turn to face him and he gently pulls me out of the bunk my arms wrapped around his neck and legs wrapped around his waist. He holds me tight as I cry into his shirt. He sits on the edge of the master bedroom where josh and him take turns sleeping in. It's Tyler's night so he knows that Josh won't come in. He begins to stroke my hair and begins to hum softy.

I know, where you stand

Sin the trees, and that's where I am

Silent in the trees...

It's slowly calms me down and once I stop crying we just sit there for a while, in silence. Tyler breaks it, "You okay?" He asks not pulling me away from his warm embrace. I feel safe and calm. "Now." I answer quietly. "Okay." He says as he continues to comb my hair with his fingers. I'm not sure how long we sat like that before I fell asleep, but I remember before I fell asleep I asked him not to let go of me and he promised he wouldn't. I wake up in the morning in the same clothes from last night and Tyler's arms wrapped around my torso, his fingers laced with mine. I turn my head slowly to see if he is awake and I'm met with some tired brown eyes and a warm smile. "Good morning beautiful." He says to me. I let go of his hand and turn so I'm facing him. His arms still wrapped around me. I nuzzle my head into his chest. "How was your sleep?" He asks me. "It was probably the most rested sleep I've gotten in months, maybe even years." I say to him. My voice is raspy and I cough quietly to clear it. "I'm glad to hear that. I agree as well." He says. "You make me feel safe." The words fall out of my mouth like warm butter on a knife. I can feel him smile, he kisses the top of my head and pulls me closer. I have 8 hours left her and I want to spend every second of it right her in his arms.