Breakfast With the Joesph's

One thing I hate about going away is not waking up in my own bed. It makes me feel disorientated. I stammer through the bedroom as quietly as I can while trying to put on a casual outfit that is stubble for any surprise trips that may happen. I settle with some black ripped jeans and a nice plain maroon top. I don't want to get too out of hand but I also don't want to look like I didn't try. I have to walk down the hall to the bathroom where I wash my face and throw on some light make-up, it's now time to join his family, who I can hear are in the kitchen. I make my way towards the voices, but as they grow the more nervous I get cause I don't hear Ty. Once I step into the kitchen Tyler's mom greats me with a big smile and a 'good morning dear.' She's so adorable. I take a seat at the counter with Ty's sister who is watching her mom and Zack make breakfast.  "Hey y/n, how do you like your eggs cooked?" Zack asks while cracking two eggs into the hot pan. "Um, (how you like your eggs) please and thank you." You answer. "Hey that's my favourite too." Maddy says with a smile. She begins small talk which then turns into some heartfelt conversation about Ty and school and the tour. 

But just when Maddy jokes about marriage and kids, a sleepy Tyler walks into the room. He looks at me like a deer in headlights, Maddy and I begin to laugh which eases him and he continues to walk over to the fridge. He grabs a red bull and leans up against the counter, can in hand. "You know those are really bad for you Ty." His sister nags. "Not this again Maddy." He sighs as he continues to crack open the can and take a couple big gulps. "But every time we go through it you continue you to drink them." She says, I can tell she is genuinely concerned about his health. "Maddy chill if he wants to drink them that's up to him." Zack says to her while flipping eggs. "You know Ty she's not wrong." I say and every one stops what they are doing and looks at me. "Did I say something wrong?" I ask very concerned I'm about to have a long drive alone. "No no no." Maddy assures me, "It's just no one that Ty has dated has looked out for him." I look a Ty and smile. "Breakfast is served." Zack says as he sets the eggs down in front of me, his mom follows him and puts some bacon on my plate. 

"Oh I'm sorry Tyler didn't tell you?" She looks at me confused. "I'm vegetarian." Her eyes widen and she looks back at Ty while Zack chokes out a laugh, looking down at his pan. "I'm just kidding!" She instantly seems relieve. "Oh my goodness, don't do that to me I thought I had lost my only chance at a soon to be daughter-in-law." I gulp and she smiles at me. "I'm kidding!" The whole kitchen erupts into a roar of laughter. "Oh no fair what did I miss?" Tyler's dad says as he walks in the kitchen. Zack takes my empty plate and puts it in the sink before I can object. "I just made a joke about y/n being our soon to be daughter in-law." His mom laughs as her husband embraces her. "Yeah nearly scared y/n to death." Maddy laughs and the rest of us join. "I can imagine." Mr. Joesph says. 

"Hey you wanna go do something?" Tyler whispers to me. "Yeah sure." I answer. "Y/N an I are going for a walk." He announces as he takes my hand and leads me to the front door. "Um, Ty?" I sound confused and he looks up at me. "You're still in your boxers." I chuckle and he blushes before sprinting down the hallway and up the stairs. It's not long before I hear his feet slamming down the stairs like a heard of elephants. "Better?" He asks at the the bottom of the steps. "Better." I answer with a big smile. "Well then are we ready to go?" He asks taking my hand in his, I nod and he opens the door with his free hand.