Meet and Greet

Tyler takes me around his neighbourhood. He tells me about some of the things he and his siblings did while they were growing up. We visit the park and a few other places that he found sentimental value to. Our last stop was a coffee shop not too far from his house. We sit down at a booth and he walks to the counter to get our order insisting on paying for my coffee. A few minutes later he sits across from me our drinks in hand.

"This place is so cute." I say to him looking around the rustic café. There are pictures on the walls that are some of. the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. The one wall that we are against is an accent wall that is completely covered in wood. The other walls are a light grey that really bring a modern vibe to the rustic look. The tables are wood tops with metal legs. Everything to the centre prices has been thought out. The booth have tall backs but aren't dark, they just have some sort of sound prof ability to keep from the noisy atmosphere around. It's adorable and so cozy, I know this is where I will go if I need a second away from his family.

Tyler looks at me with a smile on his face that could stop a truck. "You are so beautiful." He says making my heart jump. "Y/N, I love you." The words leave his most so effortlessly and I am left on the other side of the booth dumbfounded. My heart is racing, my stomach is doing backflips and my mouth isn't moving. Why isn't my mouth moving? His smile starts to fall and there panic sets in. "I'm sorry." He begins. "I know this is all so soon I just couldn't keep it to myself for any longer." 

I look down at my coffee and back up at Tyler. "Ty..." I trail off, why is this so hard to say? "Tyler, I love you too." I finally get the words to leave my mouth. His eyes light up and the smile that was extinguished, is now covering half his face again. "You do?" He asks. "Yes of course I do. You are my everything and the reason I get up in the morning." I say to him, wrapping my hands around my warm coffee. "I love you so much, baby, you're my other half." His words make me feel warm inside and I suddenly feel like I'm about to cry. He reaches his hand out for me and  I take it in mine. "I wish this moment could last forever." He says and now it's me smiling. 

We finish our coffee's and begin to walk back to his house. There is a group of girls walking towards us and that's when I hear one of them say. "Oh my god, is that Tyler Joesph." Their pace quickens and there is no where for us to go. The girls get to us and ask Ty for pictures. I am pushed aside by the swarm and begin to continue walking so I don't get trampled. One of the girls walks over to me and I'm not sure if I should be happy or scared. "Who are you?" She asks, her voice is full of sass and she seems mean. I swallow hard and am unsure if I should tell her the truth. I look over at Ty but the group still has his attention. "Um, I'm just a friend." I say to her, the. words feel like acid coming off my tongue. "Yeah right. The way you're looking at him says otherwise." She says and panic begins to build up in my chest. "You don't look good enough for Ty-Jo." She says to me and tears being to prick my eyes.  "You look like a skank, you're probably just using him to get your stripping career off the ground." Her words being to grow with more intent. A lump in my throat begins to form and no matter how much I want to speak I can't. "What are you Tyler's little rescue mission? He just helps you out and throws you away? Or are you here to break his heart? Cause if you are the clique will have your ass." She spits when she says 'ass' and I stumble back a little hitting the building. "What's the matter hun? You don't have a pole to run to? Or are you more of the street corner type of girl?" Tears slip out the corners of my eyes. "You must have daddy issues don't you?" More tears escape and she beings to laugh. "Oh no way. You have daddy issues. What did dad leave when you were little?" I want to scream, I want to run, I want to just get away, but it's like I'm glued to the cement. Her words echo through my ears as I stand helpless against the wall. I try to call for Tyler but nothing comes out and I feel helpless. I feel a hand on my shoulder but I don't want to find out if it's another girl so I stay completely still. It's like my ears just stopped working cause all I can hear are the words she was saying and can't hear what is going on around me. I'm lost in my thoughts and can't even see the world around me. I feel arms around me but the tears won't stop and neither will the words echoing in my head. 

Visions run through my mind of a little girl watching her father walk out of the house while she screamed for him to stay and he continued to walk to the car and drive away while she ran after the moving car. 

I can feel arms wrapped around me but I'm in full fledged panic attack. Tyler's voice in my ear brings me out long enough to see that the girls are gone. He has me in a tight hug and my head is on his chest. He is talking to me but I can't answer through my sobs. I don't know how long we are standing there for but Zack pulls up in a truck and Tyler picks me up and puts me in the car. When we get to their house he picks me up and takes me to my room where he lays me down in bed and lays down beside me. Running his fingers through my hair and whispering to me that it was okay that I am safe. 

I lay there frozen on the bed, sobbing in Tyler's arms. Now I'm going to have to tell him everything.