The Arrival.

The rest of the drive was pretty nice, Ty and I even switched out a few times just to make sure I wasn't doing all of the driving. But once we got over the boarder the trip seemed to fly by. "Where almost there." Ty says to me, I'm curled up in the drivers seat kinda away but also dozing off. I must've fallen asleep because I am woken with a small shake to see the car stopped in a laneway and Tyler smiling looking at me. "We're here." He says, unbuckling his seat belt and opening the door. "It's cute." I say stepping out and meeting Tyler at the side walk in front of his house. I see a figure open the door and then the lights come on. His mother is standing on the porch waving to us. We grab our luggage and walk into the house, where we are greeted with hugs from his parents and siblings. "It's so nice to meet you y/n, Ty has told us all so much about you." His mom says with a smile on her face, immediately I know who he gets it from. "Thank you and I hope you've only heard good things." I say to her returning the smile. "Of course hun. Tyler can't get enough of you." She says. "That's why they are sleeping in separate rooms." Jay mumbles and Zack elbows him in the gut for Ty. "What was that for? You know it's true." He cries to his older brother, I giggle. 

"Well we better let them get settled in." His dad says taking my suitcase from my hands and walking us to the spare bedroom. "This is where you will be staying." He says setting the suitcase on the bed. "Thank you." I say to him walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed. "No problem. If you need anything we are just upstairs, but I know you had a long drive so we will let you get your rest." He says as he begins to close the door. "Thank you Mr. Joesph." I say as he closes the door, I hear a chuckle on the other side and footstep retreating from the room. I begin to unpack my belongings when a knock on the door interrupts me. "Come in." I call quietly, as it is late. Tyler steps into the room almost silently and closes the door behind him. "I cannot believe they are making us sleep in separate rooms." He says flopping onto the bed. "Well I get it they don't want to take any chances." I say as I continue to put my stuff in the dresser draws. "I was just excited to be able to cuddle you and sleep with you." He says, my cheeks heat up. "Yeah that would've been nice." I set the empty suitcase on the ground and join Ty on the bed, my head resting on his chest. "You know I've never heard you talk about your family." He says. 

"Well my mom and I have a weird relationship and I don't talk to my dad." I say to him. "Oh." He responds. "Yeah it's fine though." I comfort him, anytime someone says they don't talk to a parent or sibling people always assume that it's a thing they have to help you with. But not Ty he just sits there quietly stroking my hair. "Do you have any siblings?" He asks. "Nope, it's just. me." I say to him, it's silent for awhile, I move my head to. check if he fell asleep and receive a surprise kiss. "What was that for?" I ask a smile upon both of our faces. "You're just really pretty." He says making my cheek catch fire. I kiss him back and just as the kiss grows and becomes more intense he pulls away. "I should go to bed. They will know if I don't go to my room." He says, I huff out my air and lay my head on his chest. "Do you have to go?" I ask, pleading that he will just stay here with me. "I'm afraid so." He says and begins to slowly sit up. "I'm sorry." He says as he pushes himself off the bed and begins this journey to the door. "Goodnight, see you in the morning." He says slowly closing the door. "Goodnight." I respond. The door closes and I am left in the silence with my thoughts. 

I can't help to think about what could go wrong on this trip, if his family even likes me and how I don't get to sleep in the same room as him. I begin to get anxious about this trip, making me get ready for bed quickly and then jump in  bed. I close my eyes and let my thoughts simmer. The one thing I can't get my out of my mind is that I'm alone in Tyler's spare bedroom and I have to spend more than a week doing this. This is going to be a really long trip.