Stab in the Neck

It's been a day since I kicked Tyler out of my house. I feel so emptying lonely. All I want to do is just pick up the phone and call him. But I'm sitting on my cold kitchen floor in the corner curled up into a ball. I've been sobbing in this spot since he left. I haven't checked my phone to see if he messaged me but I doubt he has. No, I know he hasn't. If it were me I wouldn't. A knock on the door  makes me jolt but I can't get  up to move. I hear the door handle turn, the door opening and footsteps come into the house. They are coming my way but the closer they get the more paralyzed I feel. I see the figure in the dark room and I try not to make a sound. The phone flash light move around the room and when it stops on me the person finally speaks. "Y/n?" Josh's voice echo's in the silent house. My sobs become audible and he rushes over to comfort me. His arms wrap around me like a warm blanket as he pulls me in towards his chest. I didn't realize how bad I was shaking until he began to hold me. "Hey, it's going to be okay. Breathe." Josh coos in my ear. "Wh-wh-what d-did I-I d-do?" I stutter through buy sobs. "Y/n, breathe." Josh is determined to calm me down, I take a feel slow - shaky - big breaths. "H-He is n-never going t-to forgive m-me." After my sentence is finished it's like someone turned the faucet on. I'm sobbing hard and shaking uncontrollably. Josh pulls me closer to him my face in his chest. I start to scream and punching his chest. 

It's like the dream. This is all a dream. WAKE UP! My thoughts are screaming at me. But this isn't a dream, this is real and I just threw out the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. My body is numb but I'm still shaking. My punches diminished with the lack of strength I have left. "H-h-h-h-he's g-g-g-gone." I barely manage to get out. "He's not. He is waiting for you. He loves you so much. He would never let you go." Josh pets my hair trying desperately to get me to clam down. The group feels so cold, the area around me is pretty wet from the collecting tears. I want him. I want him here. To have him be the one that is holding me. "I-I can't d-do th-this without h-him." I cry out to  Josh. "Then don't." He says to me, I look up at him confused. "He wants you and only you." He says to me. 

I pull out my phone and try to make out the blurry screen through my tears. I open messages and tap Tyler's thread. 

Me - I'm sorry. Please come back.

My thumb hovers over the button and I don't know if I should press send or not. Before I can even realize what's happening Josh's thumb smashes my agains the glass and the text is sent. I look up to him and he gives me a smirk. "Oops." He shrugs. I'm not sure if I feel angry, happy or scared. Maybe all three. I don't know if I should've just sent that text.

I sigh and slowly get up and curl up on the couch waiting for a response. For anything, a yes a no. Just waiting for him. I need him. I love him. Josh sit's next to me grabs the remote off the side table beside him. He turns the TV on and opens Netflix. I take the blanket from behind me and curl up in a ball on the end, Josh sits on the other side and he turns on Someone Great. How ironic Josh. It's halfway through the movie and my doorbell rings. My heart drops and I freeze. What if it's him. But what if it isn't. I look at Josh, he nods and walks over to the door. He opens the door and I can hear murmurs but it's so quiet I can't hear it over the TV. There are footsteps coming to the living room and the door closes. There is two people returning. Is he here? I ask myself. 

Josh walks into the dark room and returns to his spot on the couch. He looks at the TV like he hadn't moved. I look at him confused. Was I just hearing things? I look back at the entrance of the living room to see a figure standing there. I almost scream at first, but through the TV light I can make out the similar features of a boy I know. "Tyler..?" I call out. He doesn't answer, he just stands there and shuffles his left foot right to left. I slowly stand and begin to walk over to him. His hands are in the pocket of his sweater, the black hood covering his face. "Ty..." I trail off. It's silent for a minute between us. The sound of the movie filling the space. In one swift motion he engulfs me in a hug, and I'm so startled I lose my balance and we almost fall back. Once we regain our footing I hug him back. "I thought I lost you." He says, obviously crying. "Tyler I love you." I whisper to him. "I love you too, Y/n." He responds.

I take him upstairs so we can talk cause he is still in tears. We sit on the edge of my bed, hand in hand." I look at him and lean in and plant a gentle kiss on his forehead. "You mean everything to me. I'm so sorry." I say to him. I rub the side of his face, up to his hair. His hood falls off, and that's when I see the mark on his neck, my stomach drops and my heart shatters.