Hit by Rocks

Waking up in my bed still feels weird. It's been a week already since I got back from my crazy week with Tyler and Josh. Exams are coming up soon and then my semester is done. Tyler and I still text everyday. He is thinking about coming to see me when I'm done school and they have a break in the tour. As much as I want to see him, I just want him to see his family. I know how much he misses them even though he won't admit it. 

Ty - Hey! Whatcha up to?

Me - just getting some coffee.

Ty - Oh man I could go for one of those right now.

Me - you haven't had one yet?

Ty - No we haven't stopped yet.

Me - ah I see. 

Ty - Yeah everything good over there?

Me - yeah. it's fine.

Ty  - You sure?

Me - yeah i just am stressed about exams they are in like 3 weeks.

Ty - Ahh I get it. 

Me - see no worries. but i have to get back to writing. my paper is due next week. 

Ty - Okay text me when you are free.

Me - okay cool.

I set my phone down beside me and open my laptop continuing where I left off on my paper. It's an article on the way music influences people. My prof told us to do it on something we were passionate about. It was a given that I was going to do it on music. I had been writing for a while when I feel my phone buzzing beside me. I pick it up to hear my mom's voice on the other line.

"Hey y/n." She says her voice light and warm.

"Hey mom. How's it going?" I answer.

"Busy. But good. How's the article going?" She asks, I look at the time to see I've been writing for a few hours now.

"It's going well. I have the first draft almost done and then I'm going to fix it up and make sure everything flows nicely." I say to her. 

"I'm so excited to read it y/n. I know it's going to be amazing." I can feel her smile through the phone. 

"Thanks mom." I say. We talk for about 20 minutes but we both have to get ready for work so we have to cut things short. I don't get to talk to my mom very often. But when we do talk we try not to argue cause we never have lots of time together. Before getting back to work I make a sandwich and go back to the living room. I try to continue writing but my mind is stuck on Tyler. I  want to tell him how I'm afraid that with the distance that we won't last. But I think it's because I'm having a bad day. I contemplate texting him but I don't want to bother him just to tell him I have to get back to work. I decide just to watch some Netflix in hopes to distract me for a little while and then get back to work. After about 4 episodes of Friends I decide to call it a night and go to bed. As I'm washing my face I here my phone go off in the other room. I walk out with suds all over my face. I pick up my phone and see my face, laugh and then panic and the words, 'Ty would like to FaceTime.' I answer with the camera pointed at the ceiling. 

"Hey." Ty says as soon as it connects. 

"Hey." I answer.

"What's up?" He asks.

"Just washing my face." I say.

"Oh, that's why I can't see your face." He laughs and I laugh as well.

"Well what are your plans for the night?" He asks me. 

"Netflix and sleep." I say to him.

"Hey that's always a good night." He says with a little bit of a giggle.

"Yeah, never lets you down." I say rinsing my face off and beginning to exfoliate. I look over at my phone and Tyler's face looks a little hurt.

"Hey that wasn't aimed at you." I say to him, he perks up a bit.

"Okay good. I got nervous for a sec there." He says to me.

"Yeah. It was more a jab at my family." I say quietly. 

"It was?" He asks me with a solemn voice.

"To be honest I didn't think you heard that." I say softly.

"Well I did." He says, my immediate response would normally be 'no shit Sherlock.' but it being Tyler I just stay silent. "You wanna talk about it?" He asks. I don't answer I just continue to wash my face. I know he understands somehow so he just stays silent on the other end. I finish washing my face and go to my bed room and flop onto the bed, making Tyler laugh on the other end. 

"I never want to leave my bed. It's so comfy!" I groan. 

"Mine could be better." Tyler laughs out.

"Well it is on a bus." I say to him. "Also I'm sorry if it's going to take a little while to break down some of my walls. It's hard for me to think about it myself, I've repressed it for so long." I say to him.

"No worries i know I have things that will be hard to admit to. There is no rush, plenty of other things we can talk about." He says with a smile, which I exchange. 

"Thank you for understanding." I say to him. I wish he was here. I wish that I could hug him and just lay in his arms, feel his warmth. The way his chest rises and falls as he breathes, I just want him, here, with me. "I wish you were here." The words fall out of my mouth unexpectedly, his eye are a bit surprised but soft. 

"I wish I was there too." He says to me with a smile. "I'm sorry that I can't come and visit, but you know that i can't just get up and leave." His words hit me like rocks.

"Yeah, get it though, you are on tour." I say to him, however I can't look at my screen. Because a part of me wants him to come here even though he is on tour. "Yeah I get it's not a normal job that you can call in sick for. But can I not be selfish in just what I long for?" His line goes silent. "Ty I need some sleep. Night." I say, I hear him begin to say something but I hang up. I just don't want to deal with this right now. I just need to get some sleep.