Stay with Me

Sup my beauty babes. Sorry I've been MIA I have has a concussion since October and haven't been allowed on screens. I hope y'all are good during this quarantine and you're staying safe. Love yous! Enjoy!!! 

xx - Josie

It's been a few excruciating days. Tyler's surgery went well but he is in a coma now. I have only left the hospital once to have a shower and get some fresh clothes.  Debby took me, I have a feeling she knew I couldn't do it alone. Josh and I have been taking turns sleeping, we've barely left his side. This has been day seven since post-surgery coma. I sit on the edge on my chair resting my head on the edge of the bed, holding his hand. His parents have finally gotten here and Josh meets them outside the door. His mom is crying and his dad are in shock. Everyone who is here for him is outside the door crowding around his parents. I look back at Ty and lightly sing to him.

"Stay with me, no, you don't need to run, stay with me, my blood." 

"Hi Y/n." Tyler's dad says sitting down on the other side of the bed.  He takes his son's limp hand making my heart break. I feel a hand rub my back and I look up to see a very blurry Mrs. Joesph. "Oh sweetie come here." She says taking my hand and pulling me into her embrace. "Are you okay darling?" His dad says to me, as i turn back to Tyler's bedside. I shake my head no and become unable to hold my tears in. His mom holds me tightly while I choke out sobs. I've been so numb the last few days, I haven't really dealt  with what's happening. "Hey why don't we go get you something." Debby says  walking into the room. "I  think that would be a good thing dear. Don't worry we will  be right here with Tyler. Go get some fresh air honey." His mother says pulling away and smoothing out my hair. I nod and Debby wraps an arm around me and we go downstairs to the cafeteria. I grab a Ginger Ale out of the vending  machine and get a muffin from the Tim Hortons. I sit at an empty table with Debby and we eat together. "This is all my fault." I say to her in between bites of food.  "Don't even say  that." It's not your fault at all." She says to me her hand reaches across the table and claps to mine. "There was no way you could have stopped what happened tonight." She says to me. "I know but I just keep thinking if it weren't for me.  If I hadn't texted him back the first time he texted me, we wouldn't be here  and he wouldn't be in a damn coma!" By the end of my tangent I'm practically yelling and Debby looks shocked.  I shrink in my seat and stuff more muffin in my face. Once it's finished I stand up and walk away from the table exiting the building. I leave Debby at the table behind me. I stand outside in the cool air and just lose all  the remaining emotions that I was holding inside. I end up sliding down  the wall and crumpling up into a ball.

It takes me a while to regain my composure but when I do I march my way back inside collecting Debby and head back upstairs. His parents are on either side of him and Josh is standing at the end of the bed. His dad stands upon my arrival and gives me his seat. We take shifts sleeping. The time is fast but also brutally long. A few more days go back and more tests are done on Tyler. The doctors tell me that he should wake up soon. It's just a matter of when he's ready. "I asked them 'how many days do they think he will be like this for,' and they are estimating 4-20." I say to Josh, who's sitting across from me. "Well that's not bad. At least we have an estimate." He says to me. "Josh what day is it?" I ask him. "It's Thursday." He says to me. "I mean what day." I tell him. "Oh, it's June 20th why?" He asks me. "Cause my birthday is in two days." I say to him.