C.24- That Party

Chapter 24- That Party

The next few days in school weren't as busy as they thought it would be.

Well.. For them actually, as for me? I've been busy for the whole week catching up with lessons and doing extra credit reports to make up for the days I missed, since I haven't been in school for a while.

"This shit is killing me!" I exclaimed while doing my 15 page essay in Literature on Hamlet. And people here might think I can do this but if you too would be stuck doing some assignments and learning new lessons, with late night sleeps, and nose bleeding lessons then yeah.. I bet even Jimmy Neutron can't do this.

This is just too brutal! It makes my nose bleed!

It was lunch time and we were seated at our usual table, not much has changed except sometimes I feel like people are sad just like me. Its weird but you can definitely feel the aura of the people here.

The worst part about moving on is probably the part where you let go of all those wonderful memories. Letting go.

!! The Party !!

Being in a party tonight was actually nice, until I saw Lucas just a few steps away, the worst part of it all is the its killing me, because I can't talk to him the way I used to, but what hurts the most is that he seems so unaffected by this. He keeps on flirting with Meredith, and they seem so much more than we ever were.

I know I probably seem kind of pathetic that after all those time I still haven't moved on. Geesh, I sound like a pathetic girly girl. UGH.

Everyone in this room seem so happy, Bryant is dancing with a pretty red head from our class. Pat and Luigi are dancing (or probably playing in one of the rooms here) somewhere. While Joana and Christopher are talking outside by the swing set.

As for me? I'm stuck here between all these people. Although the party was in full swig, I still didn't feel like partying, remembering why this party even started in the first place.

"Wanna dance?"

"Uhh. Okay,"

Lucas lead me to the dance floor, and as if on cue the Dj started playing a slow sing. Sheesh so much for dancing. "May I?" asked Lucas as he reached out his hand for me.

"What about Meredith?" I asked, I was still kind of weirded out by his sudden attention.

"Oh don't worry, she knows I'm dancing with you." He smiled warmly.

And just like that my heart broke into a million pieces. I really thought he was.. Sigh. Its so hard to keep my hopes up, only to be shattered into a million tiny pieces.

I didn't answer and just simply nodded. I took his hand and we slowly danced to the soft melody of the music.

"You know, I really didn't have the chance to explain what happened between us." He said, his eyes searching mine.

"Oh," I took a deep breath. "You didn't have to explain anything, it was history. It happened a long time ago. I was so stupid back then." I chuckled.

He looked at me quizzically, as if I told him that someone he loved had died. And with one blink he quickly covered those emotions showing in his eyes. "You expect me to forget about us that easily? Didn't you even care about me? About us?"

"Lucas," I closed my eyes and took a deep breath again, geesh so much for deep breathing. Luckily I haven't drank that much and- Ahem. (Sorry I got carried away) "Stop saying the word 'us', and of course I cared, I'm not that numb. I always have, and you were the one who agreed to do a bet about me. Falling for someone like you is probably one of the biggest mistakes I have ever done in my entire life."