C.28- Talk like a Football Player

Chapter 28- Talk Like a Football Player

Recap:

I grinned evily and reached for his phone.

Agathe: Hey Bry ;) lets have dinner tomorrow yeah? I heard you arrived in New York. Call me ;)

Oh my, why does that name sound-- or in this case look-- so damn familiar? Where have I seen or heard her name before?

Agathe.. Agathe.. That name sounds familiar. Where have I heard that name?

And then it clicked.

Agathe.

I gasped. Oh my god. It can't be the same Agathe who helped Reece right? That queen bitch from Paris? That can't be. I mean, there's like a one in a BILLION chance that she'd be here.

And how the hell did she know Bryant anyway?!

Maybe its not her. My brain scolded.

But what if she is? I've worked so hard to bury those memories away from me and now one of them is haunting me?!

Bryant has a lot of explaining to do.

And a few seconds later I heard the door unlock.

Speak of the bloody devil.

Relax. I told myself. I mean she can't be the same girl right? Right. Yeah okay.

I took deep breaths as Bryant entered the apartment with a handful of groceries.

Present:

"Hey what happened to you? You look pale." He stated as he dropped the groceries on the kitchen island. He walked towards me and put a hand over my forehead, "Well, you don't seem like you have a fever, so what is it Vi?"

Should I ask him? I mean if I did then he might get mad at me for reading his texts. On the other hand, if I don't tell him I'd be bothered for the whole night thinking about what ifs.

What if it was Agathe?

What if she never changed?

What if Reece is with her?

Oh my buffalo wings.

What if Reece is with her?! What am I supposed to do?! Oh my goodness I can't deal with their crap, I have my own crap to deal with.

Crap to deal with. Now, that was funny, I mentally laughed at myself. 

I shook my head. 

I can't believe I'm making a joke about this. And how come I'm the only one who can hear myself- You're talking inside your head dumb ass.

Pfft, I knew that. Ugh. Did I just really talk to myself?!

Yes you did.

My inner goddess snickered at me.

Thanks for calling me a goddess.

Yeah yeah. Now shoo! Go away! I'm thinking of somet-

"Vi? Hello?" Bryant waved a hand over my face.

I shook my head slightly and smiled, "I'm fine, oh and there was a text for you."

He smiled, relieved. "Oh I think it was the Interior Designer, she was a family friend from Paris, she just settled here a few weeks ago." He explained.

So Agathe has been in America for a few weeks now? But I thought she went out and became a model in Germany? Ugh.

Wait, I'm not even sure whether she's the same Agathe! I took a deep breath, "Oh, uhm, what's her full name?"