C.31- I Ain't Stupid

Chapter 31- I Ain't Stupid

Silence.

Silence filled the whole apartment as soon as we got home, Bryant immediately headed for the kitchen as I closed the door. 

I sighed, I guess somehow I offended him, I mean we've known each other for a long time, he told me anything and everything about him, but me? I never mentioned anything about my past. 

At least not the things that he doesn't know about. And what if I did tell him? Nothing's going to change anyway, the past is the past and no matter how many times I tell it to people it won't change anything. It'll just be a horrible memory of what my life has been. 

"Vi, I need help in here." 

"Coming!" 

We cooked silently. I tried to engage him in a conversation several times already, but he simply shrugs or answers shortly, and even when he does answer me it sounds like its a bad thing to actually answer my questions. 

It was like he doesn't even want to talk to me.

I did the last finishing touches in setting the table making sure everything is clean and tidy, not that I care, they could be poisoned for all I care. 

"I can finish up here go back to your room, I'll just call you when they're here." 

I sighed and simply nodded my head. 

Time for the moment of truth.

I headed for my room and decided change into something more suitable to wear for dinner, 

I found my light pink sundress and put it on, I braided my hair to one side, I didn't bother to wear make up, its magic doesn't work on me anyway. 

I wore my white flats and decided to check up on some cupid mails, something i haven't done in a while now, its a good way to pass my time. 

I sat down on my desk and opened up my laptop.

5885 Cupid mails awaited me. 

I guess its time to get back to work then. 

Mail # 3001

Hey Violet, 

My friend told me to try and message you about my boyfriend.

We started dating about a month ago, and he doesn't want me to tell anyone about it.

I just don't see why we have to keep it a secret.

I would ask him why but he'll just shrug me off. 

What should I do about it?

~Angelica

Hey, 

Well no offense but your boyfriend is an ass. 

If he really does like you he doesn't have to hide you from everybody like a dirty secret.

That's really offending to a girl.

Be firm about it, make him feel that you're not happy that he's keeping you a secret. 

 He should be proud of who you are, and who he's dating, no matter what.

~Violet

A few minutes later..