11: The Breakfast Mishap

As Jumin stretched and sat up, he spoke.

"Good morni--" He turned his head to see an empty bed. "Oh. I suppose that makes sense. I paid for the evening... Not the night or the morning..."

But he couldn't help but feel a little bit let down. Last night had felt so special and so right that he had perhaps held out a little hope that every bit of convention would be thrown out the window. You could have broken all your rules and stayed in bed with him. He would have taken you out for breakfast and then...

Well, I suppose I would have gone to work. He thought as he stood up and picked up the phone to order both breakfast and a new suit. He also texted his maid service to request that Elizabeth the Third be fed breakfast and be brushed this morning since he would not be there to do it.

There were a few unread messages, but he waited until his breakfast had arrived to bother with them.

It was a picture of Yoosung's breakfast; a sloppy omelette. It did look like he had tried his best for someone who cooked his own meals, however.

Jumin figured it would be normal for him to send a picture of his own meal. A protein shake, an açaíbowl and granola. So he tried to hold his phone still, snapped a picture and sent it in the messenger.

707: Lololol I see you still haven't asked V for lessons

Yoosung: ...did you send that just to make me feel bad about what I'm eating?

did you send that just to make me feel bad about what I'm eating?

Zen: He probably did. So bougie.

Jumin groaned and put his phone down, appetite lost.

Jumin Han: Do you even know what that means? I just thought we could all share what we were eating this morning.

707: Honey Buddha Chips.

Jaehee Kang has joined the chat

Jaehee Kang: Are you coming into the office after your breakfast?

Jumin Han: Yes.

Jaehee Kang: Please hurry. You are late. It is very uncharacteristic of you.

Jumin looked at his phone. His eyes widened as he realized he had slept in an half hour than usual.

It must have been all the alcohol I had last night. That really does throw off my morning. The company shall survive... But it's best I get a move on.

He set his phone down with a sigh and tucked into his food.

Meanwhile, you were back at your apartment; a very nice suite in a nice part of the city, relaxing for the day. You already had one client for a lunch date. They were into feet; meaning you were likely going to receive a new pair of designer heels in exchange for a quick foot job in the back of his town car. So you needed to go get a pedicure. The request was for "dark plum" today.

"I wonder what Mr. Han would like..." You thought out loud with a smile. "Or, if he requests me again, perhaps I will paint his nails!"