22: Have You Ever Considered...

Things irrevocably changed that night. Both of you had crossed the line between in the client relationship. Jumin had fallen head over heels for you, while you... Well, you certainly were doing things you had never done before-- skipping out on other clients, taking Jumin back to your home, texting him on your off hours.

You neither chose the one you fell for, nor could you have planned it. The heart wanted what it wanted. For the rest of the world, you were a prostitute-- albeit an expensive one. But for Jumin, you were a beautiful woman. And, not just any woman-- a particularly attuned one who cared about him and listened to him and spoke to him as if he weren't the CEO of a massive company.

You weren't forced into the trade of the flesh, you chose it. Sometimes you thought of it as providing satisfaction and pleasure to the needy. Everyone needs to be loved; at least physically. You knew what is was to be unloved, you supposed it was cliche to blame it on your family, but you had no contact with the single father who had raised you. This was your way of doing what you were good at. You only sold your flesh and not your soul: that's what kept you sane. Or at least, that was how you explained it to Jumin. An unapologetic woman, only you could grace the dignity of such an "undignified" job in Jumin's eyes.

Even though he ravaged every inch of your skin when you allowed him, he was completely enamored. He loved to watch the optimism with which you painted your oft-kissed lips red daily; it was refreshing. The undying flame of your spirit jolted his numb heart with electric sparks. That's not to say, however, that he was unbothered by you serving others. But you had bewitched him. Love coursed through his veins like a flood and so occasionally did jealousy and possessiveness.

He was in one of those moods currently.

Jumin Han is FaceTiming you

Your phone let you know. He was lucky that you weren't with another client right now or he would have been fully ignored. Instead, home alone, you answered it.

"Hello, YN." He greeted you with a concerned face. "You're not with someone?"

"No, Jumin, I am home, unfortunately." You regarded his face with intent and then your eyes twinkled with playful mischief, before bursting into peals of laughter. But when you saw his face contort, your expression turned solemn. "Was that too much?"

"I've been going over my financials lately... I spend a large sum of money on you, do I not?"

"Well... yes." You were confused where this was going.

"And you know my feelings for you."

"...Yes."

"Have you... would you ever... do you think you..." Jumin shook his head in a way that made your heart, as guarded as it was, pump just a bit harder. "What are your thoughts on marriage?"

You thought for a minute, surprised yet not. "You can't buy me like that."

"I don't want to buy you. I don't... I don't want to pay you any longer. And before you cut off the conversation, I don't want to pay because I want us to see each other free of economic responsibilities. I want you to see me because you love me too. And the only way I know how to do that without hurting you financially is to give you the only real benefit that I do have. Access to the Han fortune. Through marriage." He rambled on until he finally made his point. "So I guess what I'm saying is that I want you to marry me and live and be my wife and do as you please."

"And love you."

"And love me."