21: Confessions of a Childish Man

Ring, ring, ring. Your phone went off; another client likely. Or possibly your friend.

You leaned over and grabbed it quickly, sitting on the bed, leaning over to read the message. Gently, however, you felt Jumin's hand and head lay lightly against your back.

"Whatever they're offering you, I'll pay double." Jumin whispered.

"Mr. Han..." You whispered back.

"Please, call me Jumin." His fingers caressed your back, relaxingly. "I just want to spend more time with you. Normal time. Please?"

You swallowed. The answer should have been no. The rule was never to get attached. But you couldn't help it with him.

"You don't have to pay double Jumin." You set your phone down and turned to him.

He pulled you into his arms and laid your head on his chest.

"I enjoy spending time with you." You admitted to the CEO. And I love you. He thought to himself. I must. "I hope that's okay for me to say..."

"I relish our time spent together." Jumin admitted easily. "I am sure I am not the first client to feel this way or share his feelings like this..."

"This is true." You confirmed. "But you are the first client to see inside my penthouse suite. Not even the owner of it has come inside."

"Really? Why is that?" Jumin was actually curious to hear the answer.

"He got tired of me and we don't see each other anymore. He likely hardly notices the payment subtracted from his account each month." You shrugged. Jumin laid back on the bed, trying to understand how you must feel. It must be difficult to be loved and cherished and doted on one minute and then abandoned the next. How did you protect your heart? Did you truly not have any feelings for any single person you ever met? "It doesn't bother me."

You had practically read his mind. "People get bored of me all the time. I just think back on fond memories with them if I miss them. Sometimes I am a little bit sad that they go. But they're not mine. You're not mine. You will be someone else's. Someone who is more suitable to your position in life. And that's okay with me."

Jumin sat up abruptly. He had hardly even been laying down a minute. "It's not okay with me! I would never toss you away so callously! I am yours! I only want to be yours!"

The raising of his voice was out of character and you turned to look at him. "And I don't care if it's childish, but I love you. And I'm going to say it because I want to."

"You're paying me to listen." You reminded him.

"I don't care if I have to spend every won I earn on you. I don't want to ever to see anyone else."

"And what about me? Can I continue working? Are you just another possessive client?" You felt a bit irritated at the childishness, but you knew it stemmed from somewhere.

"You may do whatever you please. I do not control you in the slightest."

"That's right you don't." Your voice got more serious and you swung your leg over his lap. "Let me show you the ways in which I can control you."