23: Excuses, Excuses

"People will talk." You started the with logic. Something that usually made him leave the idea alone.

"Let them."

"I won't blend in with your society."

"No need for you to."

"I'll be an embarrassment wherever you go."

"Let me worry about that. I hardly care."

Jumin was curiously persistent today. And something about it felt... different. "Could I continue working?"

"You may do whatever you like. So long as you're my wife." He was pleading.

"I wouldn't actually like to work at all. I always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. Everyone will call me a gold digger."

"And I would feel bad for them because I know they never experienced love like mine. Let them be jealous. Let everyone be jealous of the love we share. That is... if you love me back."

You had managed to avoid making a strong opinion on the idea for weeks now. But it seems Jumin was on the war path to marriage and you were going to have to take your position.

"I do." You admitted finally to both him and yourself. "I do love you. But I'm scared."

"You don't need to worry about anything." Jumin's face lit up. "I will take care of everything. I will take care of you. You won't ever need or want for anything."

"Can we still..."

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Jumin chuckled at your sudden shyness over bedroom activities. It was cute and unexpected. "Tell me this is a yes. That you'll let me come over immediately, take you out to shop for rings and then come home with me."

"All for free." You giggled.

"All it costs is love." Jumin smiled as you laughed at his small joke. "You understand me so well. I don't care where we came from-- we're meant to be, YN. And nothing can or will change this. Do you hear me?"

"Yes, I hear you." You couldn't stop smiling. "It's scary, but my answer is yes. Yes, Jumin Han, you may pamper me for the rest of my life. And I will be your wife. See you soon! But Jumin?"

"Yes?" Jumin buzzed in his seat. Things had been on an upswing for him. RFA, work and now his personal life... there wasn't much more a man could ask for.

"I want you to wear one of my dresses when you really propose to me. You can do that, right?" Your smile was wicked and Jumin laughed and nodded.

"Anything for you, madame. Anything at all."

AN: That's all! I know it was a little bit of an abrupt ending but there's not much further this story can go without getting repetitive or having the relationship fall apart (and I don't want that). So, the end it is! I hope you enjoyed this fanfiction and that you'll try my other MM fics, or branch out to some of my other works. See you there!