15: Second Dinner

"He would like blini with caviar and I would like Solyanka soup. Bring an appropriate wine to pair, no more than $150 for the bottle, please. Thank you." You set your menu down and allowed the waiter to take yours and a stunned Jumin's as well.

"I will be back momentarily with the bottle." The waiter bowed and left.

"You... you ordered for me..." Jumin muttered, taken aback.

"Yes." You smiled and put your chin in your hand. "You'll like it."

"I, uh, alright..." He pulled his napkin into his lap and blushed. "I have had caviar before and I do like it."

"Oh? Very well." You smiled a feline-like smile. Your plan had already gone into play and you hoped it would go well.

"I prefer red wines... hopefully that's what we get..." Jumin fidgeted just a bit, thrown off by the current situation.

"I prefer rosé, so I suppose you will be out of luck should I happen to know what pairs with what we ordered already." You winked at him. "In fact, here comes the waiter."

"Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Brut Rosé 2006; Please, have a taste." The waiter offered both of you two glasses with small sips in each. It was custom for a small sip to be presented.

You took a sip and smiled.

"I adore it." You stated sweetly.

Then, Jumin took his sip and placed his glass down. He assumed your word was final; so he didn't bother.

"You may give your opinion, Mr. Han." You waved him off. "I might adore it, but I won't force you to partake if you despise it."

"Oh! I, it is good." His eyes widened and he placed his glass down as well.

"Please, pour our glasses." You smiled again as the waiter filled the glasses. "See? I knew we would receive my favorite wine."

"A woman of many talents." Jumin smiled.

Small talk went on for a while longer before the food finally arrived.

"Blini with caviar and Solyanka soup." The bowls and plates were set down in front of you, respectfully.

"Thank you." Both of you added at the same time. Manners were, of course, important.

Quietly, you both began to eat your food. But your face fell. Solyanka soup did NOT fit your taste palate.

"Jumin Han." You looked at him sternly.

"Yes?" He set his fork down immediately.

"Switch dishes with me." You demanded.

"Wh-what? Why?" He was surprised again.

"I'm not asking. I'm telling you." You tilted your head to the side and sat back with expectations.

And those expectations sat in front of Jumin Han and weighed on his shoulders heavily. What should he do? Was it proper for him to get up and switch dishes with you? What would other people think? Would someone take a picture and sell it to the tabloids?

"Jumin, do it and I'll make it worth your while later." You whispered, seeing that he was getting lost in his head and needed some encouragement.

And so, with a deep breath Jumin stood up, switched your dishes and sat back down.

"Good man." You praised him. "I didn't like my soup, but I detest sending dishes back. The chefs work so hard on them."

Jumin smiled. This wasn't so bad. And the soup wasn't either.